Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Yellow Beam of Light Part 3  (Read 115586 times)

Offline stlee29

• Versys Master
  • Good rides.....
  • Bike: V1K 2013
  • City / Town: Penang
Re: Yellow Beam of Light Part 3
« Reply #480 on: April 30, 2018, 01:28:24 PM »
Hi Bikerman,

This SRL is in fact my first bike intercom. Had always used my smartphone with earphones all these years to hear my music.

The shure I mentioned are not comms but are Shure SE215  earphones - http://www.shure.com/americas/products/earphones/se-earphones/se215-sound-isolating-earphones. Clear good sound  :028:

My thoughts on the SRL:
1. Should be brilliant with the features like bike intercom but not tried this yet, ahem always been riding alone.
2. GPS directions - very nice listening to the lady where to go, works well linked to the smartphone's bluetooth.
3. Music - decent but no hifi as the shure music quality.
4. Gripe is with my exhaust silencer out, it does get loud and feel the speaker sound then to break up at a certain high level, might try them again with the silencer in. Might also try swapping the Sena speakers with the iasus speakers as a comparison - http://iasus-concepts.com/audio/xs3-helmet-speaker/
5. Passing 120 km/hr when cruising, the hifi sound is just not there compared to the Shure SE 215 in the ear earphones sound quality.
6. Answering phone call - sure is nice to do this.

I guess which application is one is really looking for. Mine is so far purely music and GPS. Fortunately, with the SE 215, there is still enough space between the ears and the Sena speakers and they are still super comfortable for long rides.

As for Neotec 2, truly a further upgrade from the Neotec.  :152:

Hope this helps. :031:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 01:40:49 PM by stlee29 »
This is a bloody great Bike....!

My V1K Blog: https://www.versys1000.com/index.php/topic,12733.0.html

Offline BikerMan

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2018 V1K GT SE
  • City / Town: SE London
« Reply #481 on: April 30, 2018, 11:58:43 PM »
Hi stlee29,
Many thanks for your very detailed and comprehensive reply, it was very much appreciated  :028:
I will definitely be buying the Neotec 2 later this week. Thanks also for explaining about the Shure earphones. From what you have said I think the SRL comms package would suit my purpose as I don't use my comms set up to listen to music or the radio. It's main use is for communication between my two riding buddies and GPS instructions. At the moment I have the Cardo Scarla Rider Packtalk comms set up fitted on my Shoei Quest helmet which I might try and transfer onto the Neotec 2 just to save money on buying the SRL for the time being. However, I really like the idea of having the comms unit as an integral part of the helmet and not as an add-on 'stuck' on the outside.
Thanks again for all the advice etc.............. :152:

Offline stlee29

• Versys Master
  • Good rides.....
« Reply #482 on: May 02, 2018, 04:28:53 AM »
Hi Bikerman,

Most welcome  :002: and glad to assist.

Agreed the SRL is made for the Neotec 2 in a neat and slick package. Think you will be enjoying with rider comms connections  :028:

Be sure to update to SRL latest software downloads from sena.com. It came with version 01 and version 03 is out.

Offline stlee29

• Versys Master
  • Good rides.....
« Reply #483 on: May 02, 2018, 05:11:27 AM »
Few weeks back, while tickering with my car, accidentally dropped a bolt and it was a pain to find. Have the flexible wire with the magnet in the end but no joy. Finally had to lie down underneath the car and remove the bottom covers to find it. 

Came across a waterproof 2 meter endoscope which only works on an andriod smartphone. Bought it on my local ebay ( GBP 3.90/ US$ 5.40) but think it should be on ebay too. There are also wifi ones also. Have to enable smartphone's OTG to get it working.

Similar example
Went also looking into the bike's nooks and cranny and pictures look decent. Think it's a cheap investment to avoid the extra work to find a missing bolt and get a visual picture.  :002:

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #484 on: May 02, 2018, 08:52:01 AM »
Nice one Steve  :028:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2015 KLZ1000, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #485 on: May 02, 2018, 08:54:51 AM »
Would also be handy to determine what the devil is that thing in my ear, and has it built a nest yet?  :5: :008:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline BikerMan

• Versys Pro
« Reply #486 on: May 02, 2018, 09:46:01 AM »
*Originally Posted by stlee29 [+]
Hi Bikerman,

Most welcome  :002: and glad to assist.

Agreed the SRL is made for the Neotec 2 in a neat and slick package. Think you will be enjoying with rider comms connections  :028:

Be sure to update to SRL latest software downloads from sena.com. It came with version 01 and version 03 is out.

Many thanks  :028: :028: :028:

BTW the endoscope is next on my shopping list............... :152:

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #487 on: May 02, 2018, 02:34:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
Would also be handy to determine what the devil is that thing in my ear, and has it built a nest yet?  :5: :008:

aaaah , the dreaded 'ear worm' Sonny  :008:   

Roger (Rog)

Offline BikerMan

• Versys Pro
« Reply #488 on: May 02, 2018, 05:48:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]

aaaah , the dreaded 'ear worm' Sonny  :008:

Or, in my case it would be the earplug that I forgot I left in - it's an age thing.
Again, only in my case, as I would never suggest that you Sonny were anywhere near my years........... :008: :008: :008:

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #489 on: May 02, 2018, 07:21:22 PM »
You may be surprised, he does possess a youthful appearance though  :mfr_lol:   

Roger (Rog)

Recent Topics

waggish