Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: loving this bike  (Read 5402 times)

Offline 2kwacks

• Versys Pro
  • getting on now, but not yet passed it!
  • Bike: 2013 ZZR 1441 SE
  • City / Town: merseyside
Re: loving this bike
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 10:02:51 PM »
Vern :002: understand what you saying that there is more than one way to skin a cat! that sounds like a brill ride out for the day :152:  the problem is.. I don't tend to get a full day spare at weekends :003: I'm either working or the wife as got jobs for me to do :125: I prefer and tend to do full days through the week on my rest days which are either a Monday, Tuesday, or Friday when the roads are not as busy and the plod have got better things to do than pester us bikers :125: and I tend to ride around North wales :002: the next time your heading up to the bridge let me know :002: and if it's on a Sunday we may even bump into Geoff and Rog :002: or if you fancy a ride to ponderosa on the horseshoe pass via delamere, beeston, whitchurch e.t.c then through to bala lake then on to Betws-y-Coed let me know :002:

P.S are the very nice guy I bought the Vario screen from? ended up getting the larger taller touring Vario screen from another nice guy who was also member on the forum :123A: find the touring screen a lot better for the wind protection :152:
if things don't change.. they'll stay the same!

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 10:04:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by 2kwacks [+]
pending weather and time :002: would love to have a chat with you and rog but it's a 180 mile round trip for me just to get to the bridge and 99.9% is motorway :003:
Dave, which roads do you think folk used before motorways were built ?, the A and B roads are still in existence, why do you have a fixation with droning along in a straight line?  :180: :180: . As Vern states, there are lots of great roads that will take you to "The Bridge" and non of them have big blue signs by the side. :002:
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Offline Vern

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Black Versys GT
  • City / Town: Widnes
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 10:14:24 PM »
Hi Dave,

Sorry mate I seem to be sending more stick your way.

Yes, I sold you the vario screen, after my other daughter turned up with a Givi screen (my daughters don't communicate).

I also prefer midweek rides for exactly the same reason and I'm due a ride to Wales.

Vern

Offline 2kwacks

• Versys Pro
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 10:20:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
Dave, which roads do you think folk used before motorways were built ?, the A and B roads are still in existence, why do you have a fixation with droning along in a straight line?  :180: :180: . As Vern states, there are lots of great roads that will take you to "The Bridge" and non of them have big blue signs by the side. :002:
[/quote] Dave, which roads do you think folk used before motorways were built.. most likely the much older generation :whistle: that didn't have a choice :008: anyway.. read my previous post :138: It's not often I've got the time at the weekends to spend most of the day getting to a destination :182: it's nothing personal or a age thing :008: I suppose your a Vera Lynn fan so don't despair!
                                                               "WE WILL MEET AGAIN"
                                                                ... SOME SUNNY DAY...
                                                                              :008:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 10:37:11 PM by 2kwacks »

Offline 2kwacks

• Versys Pro
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2013, 10:24:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by Vern [+]
Hi Dave,

Sorry mate I seem to be sending more stick your way.

Yes, I sold you the vario screen, after my other daughter turned up with a Givi screen (my daughters don't communicate).

I also prefer midweek rides for exactly the same reason and I'm due a ride to Wales.

Vern
[/quote] Sorry mate I seem to be sending more stick your way :008: don't worry about that mate :182: me and the "old boy" are always having a pop at each other :002: it's all in good fun thou :001:
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 10:47:55 PM by 2kwacks »

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2013, 10:59:49 PM »
 :008: :008: :008: You are a funny little (very little) scouse person :015:. Vera Lynn was before my time (Just) :019: Anyway back to the main point  :157: You must learn, and realize that travel is not about the destination, It's more about the journey, you are of course right when you say motorways didn't exist when I wer a lad, but I always thought that the joy of riding a motorbike was in the swooping around bends, braking and going up and down the bikes gearbox  :1: . Not being bored shitless droning along  :180: , with nothing to think about (except staying awake). And if we are quoting artists and songs. This one is for younger folk than me, who get their thrills from tunnel vision,   :180: and watching big blue roadside signs.    :180:          Chris Rea
                                                                                        The road to hell.          :whistle: :008:   

Offline 2kwacks

• Versys Pro
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2013, 11:18:40 PM »
:008: :008: :008: You are a funny little (very little) scouse person :015:. Vera Lynn was before my time (Just) :019: Anyway back to the main point  :157: You must learn, and realize that travel is not about the destination, It's more about the journey, you are of course right when you say motorways didn't exist when I wer a lad, but I always thought that the joy of riding a motorbike was in the swooping around bends, braking and going up and down the bikes gearbox  :1: . Not being bored shitless droning along  :180: , with nothing to think about (except staying awake). And if we are quoting artists and songs. This one is for younger folk than me, who get their thrills from tunnel vision,   :180: and watching big blue roadside signs.    :180:          Chris Rea
                                                                                        The road to hell.          :whistle: :008:
Geoffrey my old chum :008: have you completely lost the plot now? I'm saying and always have done that I detest motorways :151: but when one works for a living :whistle: and time is paramount motorways are a necessary evil if the destination you want is miles away :157: now have nice cup of Horlicks and recuperate for a while after all you have got the "BRIDGE" in morning :008: P.S DON'T LEAN OVER TO FAR will you now!!! :whistle:

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2013, 09:08:09 AM »
*Originally Posted by 2kwacks [+]
Geoffrey my old chum :008: have you completely lost the plot now? I'm saying and always have done that I detest motorways :151: but when one works for a living :whistle: and time is paramount motorways are a necessary evil if the destination you want is miles away :157: now have nice cup of Horlicks and recuperate for a while after all you have got the "BRIDGE" in morning :008: P.S DON'T LEAN OVER TO FAR will you now!!! :whistle:
Good morning  David, I write to let you know that It is a cold  :43: and frosty morning in the Dales, but a beautiful clear blue sky  :celebrate: , in fact it is the kind of day that makes me feel glad to be alive, and able to throw a leg over a motorcycle  :biker1: , so being the intrepid traveller that I am I will leave the warmth of my palace in North Yorkshire, and head towards the motorcycling mecca known as the "Bridge". The journey from here should be stunning, in particular the road and scenery in between Hawes and Ingleton should be fantastic. If you would like to join me  :36: , I would be glad to buy you an egg and bacon buttie on your arrival  :1: . I believe that traffic on the M6 is very light on Sunday mornings, so your journey should be pretty STRAIGHT   :180: :180: forward.                  From   your OLD pal Geoff.       :008:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 09:42:19 AM by 100milesaway »

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2013, 09:18:03 AM »
I'm sitting here praying for the beautiful sunshine to break through the trees and get rid of the sheet ice on the road into and out of our village, the road is more suited to Torvill and Dean at the moment  :125:
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline 2kwacks

• Versys Pro
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2013, 10:15:45 AM »
Good morning  David, I write to let you know that It is a cold  :43: and frosty morning in the Dales, but a beautiful clear blue sky  :celebrate: , in fact it is the kind of day that makes me feel glad to be alive, and able to throw a leg over a motorcycle  :biker1: , so being the intrepid traveller that I am I will leave the warmth of my palace in North Yorkshire, and head towards the motorcycling mecca known as the "Bridge". The journey from here should be stunning, in particular the road and scenery in between Hawes and Ingleton should be fantastic. If you would like to join me  :36: , I would be glad to buy you an egg and bacon buttie on your arrival  :1: . I believe that traffic on the M6 is very light on Sunday mornings, so your journey should be pretty STRAIGHT   :180: :180: forward.                  From   your OLD pal Geoff.       :008:
Geoff.. I must admit I do admire your GO!! and in that case, I must remove my hat helmet :138: to you :002: there is a old saying that I now know is a true fact...
                                                        "youth is wasted on the young" :008:
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:19:32 AM by 2kwacks »

Recent Topics