Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: loving this bike  (Read 5468 times)

Offline 2kwacks

• Versys Pro
  • getting on now, but not yet passed it!
  • Bike: 2013 ZZR 1441 SE
  • City / Town: merseyside
Re: loving this bike
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2013, 10:58:26 AM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
I'm sitting here praying for the beautiful sunshine to break through the trees and get rid of the sheet ice on the road into and out of our village, the road is more suited to Torvill and Dean at the moment  :125:
Come on Rog.. Geoff wouldn't let a bit of ice deter him from venturing out :182: in fact.. the last time we went out with Geoff for ride :002: he headed for the ice :whistle: :125:
if things don't change.. they'll stay the same!

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2013, 03:59:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by 2kwacks [+]
Come on Rog.. Geoff wouldn't let a bit of ice deter him from venturing out :182: in fact.. the last time we went out with Geoff for ride :002: he headed for the ice :whistle: :125:

Your right Dave...a "bit of ice" isn't an issue, however half a mile of black ice just might be.  :38:

Thankfully it cleared enough for me to get out on the bike, we all met up at the Bridge, drank some tea ate some butties and talked a load of crap...you would have loved it Dave   :008:

back home by 2.30ish, bike washed dried, oiled and put away for the next outing   :152:

BTW did you ride out anywhere nice today Dave  :question:
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline 2kwacks

• Versys Pro
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2013, 04:22:07 PM »
Your right Dave...a "bit of ice" isn't an issue, however half a mile of black ice just might be.  :38:

Thankfully it cleared enough for me to get out on the bike, we all met up at the Bridge, drank some tea ate some butties and talked a load of crap...you would have loved it Dave   :008:

back home by 2.30ish, bike washed dried, oiled and put away for the next outing   :152:

BTW did you ride out anywhere nice today Dave  :question:
  :182: :003: could not play today :157: but it's a my rest day tomorrow :celebrate: so pending weather will take the versys out for a decent run :002:

Offline Vern

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Black Versys GT
  • City / Town: Widnes
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2013, 08:25:56 PM »
Hi Tyke & Dave,

I headed for the bridge today, what a glorious autumn day, but at Caton I felt the temperature drop and thought #od it and headed for the warmth of the cafe at Ingleton. (lovely tomato soup and a sausage butty yum yum!)

Headed back over the tops via Gigglesworth and back to the A59. The route was typical for this time of year with a mix of damp, frost in the gutters, farm tractor #rap and leaves on the natural line through bends. So as I was in no rush I played with the V1's safety bits, setting the traction control to 3 and power to low. The settings still provided plenty of go and I easily popped past slower traffic on the narrow twisty roads, no drama just great fun (apart from that bl##dy low sun).

Once on the A59 it was back to full fat and let that engine do its stuff.

Again I was impressed with the V1, well done Kawasaki.  :028:

Offline 2kwacks

• Versys Pro
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2013, 08:36:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by Vern [+]
Hi Tyke & Dave,

I headed for the bridge today, what a glorious autumn day, but at Caton I felt the temperature drop and thought #od it and headed for the warmth of the cafe at Ingleton. (lovely tomato soup and a sausage butty yum yum!)

Headed back over the tops via Gigglesworth and back to the A59. The route was typical for this time of year with a mix of damp, frost in the gutters, farm tractor #rap and leaves on the natural line through bends. So as I was in no rush I played with the V1's safety bits, setting the traction control to 3 and power to low. The settings still provided plenty of go and I easily popped past slower traffic on the narrow twisty roads, no drama just great fun (apart from that bl##dy low sun).

Once on the A59 it was back to full fat and let that engine do its stuff.

Again I was impressed with the V1, well done Kawasaki.  :028:
[/quote].. but at Caton I felt the temperature drop and thought #od it :5:
that would be my thoughts as well.. but that won't go down well with the "die hards" especially the older one :whistle: :008:

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2013, 10:08:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by 2kwacks [+]
.. but at Caton I felt the temperature drop and thought #od it :5:
that would be my thoughts as well.. but that won't go down well with the "die hards" especially the older one :whistle: :008:
Spot on Dave, whats the point of going out on a bike , if the temperature is  not hovering around freezing  :43: , and there is ice :5: on the road. Ya need ta man up a bit.  :008: :002:
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2013, 07:50:41 AM »
Good to see that you enjoyed the V1K and your ride out Vern, 2Kwacks was busy posting on here and other sites so obviously couldn't ride out yesterday  :008:

It was a stunning day and I was as warm as toast, thanks to some great clothing..several layers to be precise, in fact I was a bit too warm at one stage

Roger (Rog)

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2013, 08:25:36 AM »
Good to see that you enjoyed the V1K and your ride out Vern, 2Kwacks was busy posting on here and other sites so obviously couldn't ride out yesterday  :008:

It was a stunning day and I was as warm as toast, thanks to some great clothing..several layers to be precise, in fact I was a bit too warm at one stage
Roger, forgive me for telling everyone,  But I think that they need to know.  Yes yesterday most folk out on bikes up at "The bridge" were overdressed, it was very warm in the early afternoon, with bright sunshine. And your problem is Rog that most folk have hair on their head, but unfortunately you have a solar panel. I did notice a few sweat beads on your bonce, so yes it certainly warmed up as the day went on.  :whistle: :002:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 08:27:20 AM by 100milesaway »
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2013, 09:08:40 AM »
That is my extra wide parting Geoff...in reality I'm not losing hair, but gaining face  :008: :008:

Roger (Rog)

Offline vincentder

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: versys 1000 gt
  • City / Town: Zoetermeer
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2013, 01:44:54 PM »
LMFAO!
Briljant! Never heard that one before!  :008: :008:

Recent Topics

waggish