Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2015 Versys-cheapskate bodgery  (Read 21186 times)

Offline Bayonet

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: North Essex
Re: 2015 Versys-cheapskate bodgery
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2015, 03:35:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by Old Biker [+]
Bayonet I have hung a rubber curtain from under the seat to behind the suspension linkages, keeps them clean & also protects the electrical connector on the drive side above the swing arm pivot. As for the dirty top box underside, lock & seat lock I have fitted an Aprila Caponord rear mudguard mounted off the swinging arm. After the first wet ride today since fitting it the topbox & rear end are clean so it seems to be a good addition.

Ian
I might try that as well. Although the standard hugger is keeping the linkages and shock clean.

My mudflap arrived, it's got Kawasaki written on it. I will mount it this weekend, the way i am going to do it will cover up the reflector at the bottom of the pretend mudguard, but I can position another refelector elsewhere for its first MOT test in 2018.
2015 Versys 1000- 76,000 miles, 1 frayed starter circuit wire, 10 shims (over two checks), 6 rear tyres, 8 front tyres, 9 oil changes, 2 sets of plugs, 2 air filter, 8 fork seals,  1 set of head race bearings, 2 chain and sprocket sets, 4 screens, 4 pairs of front brake pads, 2 pair of rear pads (old ones wouldn't' wear out) 9 washes and counting.

Offline Old Biker

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 Mk1
  • City / Town: East Grinstead
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2015, 03:49:25 PM »
I found the muck sprayed over the hugger onto the linkages & onto the electrical connector. It probably gets sucked forward when going fast. Hope the mudflap works, it will be easier than fitting the Caponord guard.

Ian.

Offline allants

• Versys Pro
  • Retirement Riding
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1K
  • City / Town: Raeford, N.C.
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2015, 09:29:10 PM »
Hi,  Please show pictures if possible.   Thank you.
Tom
Retired

Offline Bayonet

• Versys Pro
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2015, 09:49:00 PM »
1100 miles on the clock as of today. Been up to the ton a few times, bike is a lot more stable since turning the rebound down on front and rear suspension, the preload is still as per the hand book.

Just fitted my 1970s style mud flap tonight after my top box and rear light got another coating of rain, slime, mud and road salt today. Hopefully the British weather will not let me down next time I ride to see if it makes any difference.

My handle bar risers have arrived, I can't see much slack at all in the cables/brake hose, so I may put them on and then have to take them off again.
2015 Versys 1000- 76,000 miles, 1 frayed starter circuit wire, 10 shims (over two checks), 6 rear tyres, 8 front tyres, 9 oil changes, 2 sets of plugs, 2 air filter, 8 fork seals,  1 set of head race bearings, 2 chain and sprocket sets, 4 screens, 4 pairs of front brake pads, 2 pair of rear pads (old ones wouldn't' wear out) 9 washes and counting.

Offline smiffy

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys Grey 2013
  • City / Town: Midlands
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2015, 10:16:44 PM »
Bayonet
I was worried about wether my risers would fit. Didn't seem much slack in the cable but managed to rise almost an inch up and back.

Offline allants

• Versys Pro
  • Retirement Riding
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1K
  • City / Town: Raeford, N.C.
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2015, 10:20:46 PM »
Bayonet,  I need to bring my handle bars back about an inch and noticed too, the brake line has no slack.  It runs from the brake reservoir to a twin brake line mounted block on the frame.  I can't tell if the twin block can be separated, but I don't think it will be easy to find another, longer brake line with a mounting block like that.  I wonder if it's possible to put and short extension in the existing brake line to make it longer.   
Tom
Retired

Offline Bayonet

• Versys Pro
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2015, 10:22:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by smiffy [+]
Bayonet
I was worried about wether my risers would fit. Didn't seem much slack in the cable but managed to rise almost an inch up and back.
Good to know, I may try fitting them tomorrow.

Offline Bayonet

• Versys Pro
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2015, 10:24:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by allants [+]
Bayonet,  I need to bring my handle bars back about an inch and noticed too, the brake line has no slack.  It runs from the brake reservoir to a twin brake line mounted block on the frame.  I can't tell if the twin block can be separated, but I don't think it will be easy to find another, longer brake line with a mounting block like that.  I wonder if it's possible to put and short extension in the existing brake line to make it longer.
I will have a good look at that tomorrow. If it is too short I will pop to the local bike engineers and see if they recognise the fitting so I can get a longer line made up. If I do have to lengthen it I will go for both up and back risers like I had on my Varadero rather than up only type.

Offline Old Biker

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 Mk1
  • City / Town: East Grinstead
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2015, 10:26:48 AM »
Hi allants if you meant my pictures of the splash curtain & rear guard you can see all my mods in show us yours in the posting Caponord rear guard. I mucked up posting the pictures but if you click on the link to photobucket you should get all the pictures.

Ian

Offline Bayonet

• Versys Pro
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2015, 11:18:31 AM »

Recent Topics