Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Danmoto Exhaust  (Read 5819 times)

Offline klrman

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: versys 1000 2018
  • City / Town: Ibstock
Re: Danmoto Exhaust
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2015, 12:21:41 PM »
*Originally Posted by Catsick [+]
Too many old farts on here!

Oh. So you're the exception that proves the rule

Offline Catsick

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: V650
  • City / Town: Wallasey
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2015, 01:00:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by klrman [+]
Too many old farts on here!

Oh. So you're the exception that proves the rule

Don't think there's any exceptions here, we all know why we bought the bike  :002:

Offline klrman

• Versys Pro
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2015, 07:06:09 PM »
Don't think there's any exceptions here, we all know why we bought the bike  :002:

Brilliant Catsick.That's the best and funniest retort I've seen on here to date. keep 'em coming

Offline klrman

• Versys Pro
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2015, 07:07:59 PM »
Yeah, but I'm a fartier fart than you cos I still don't know how to post properly

Offline Keener

• Versys Master
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2017, 04:59:52 AM »
well ..i ordered the Dan moto Jitsu for my Versys and installed it today..i did this with some trepidation as i am usually one to go with better or best quality and the all in price of $200.00 kinda had me guessing , but i thought if it didnot work out  i would donate it to a friend for his bikes and he would make it work.
Quality ...not bad actually , i wouldn't say its as good as some of the other cans out there but its less than half the price , and it looks much better than stock at half the weight ..

Fitment ...you need to be somewhat inventive, but its not hard and within an hour i was done , if i were to do it again probably half of that time would be needed , the bracket that wraps around the can is fidgety and the rubber backing requires some patience , attaching that to the original mount required either drilling out the strap to accept the stock bolt or going to a smaller diameter bolt of the same length , i went with a bolt that i had in stock and no problem. I am some what mechanically inclined which helped but more over i have faced worse than this with some after market ...BTW there are no instructions just generic pictures. If you go this way take your time and use logic and there should be no problems . i should add that while being close to the panniers , in my case.. i did test for heat and can say it should not be an issue.. just to be sure i added some metal duct tape to bottom of the right pannier , i have done this before as insurance with other exhaust systems , but i think its overkill in this case TBH

Performance... I cant say there is much difference , perhaps a bit more in the mid range ,. sound ...somewhat deeper but not much louder than stock , the cat is a good muffler in its self. there is also no issue with backfiring or hunting at idle etc its the same as stock is.
Overall i am pleased with the Danmoto it certainly looks the part ..its ...much... lighter and chain adjustments should be easier to see as the can is smaller.
Long term has yet to be determined , we shall see..  for now i think its pretty good kit for the price  and you do not have a giant logo on the side of the can so to the eye it could look stock from Kawasaki.
Cheers
Keener

« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 05:07:53 AM by Keener »

Offline sprocket

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 16 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Winter Haven FL.
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2017, 08:30:15 PM »
Danmoto is made in the USA with quality material the price was only $145 with free shipping. After researching the brand thought it was worth a try. The quality seemed to be very good and the install was straight forward an everything fit as it should the only thing that needs to be done is drill a larger hole in the mounting strap to use the stock muffler bolt. I think the exhaust looks much better or maybe the price made it look better and fits the style of the bike. The weight of the Danmoto is about 1/3 the weight of the stock. The sound is not really louder but has a different tone that sounds better. I am really happy with this exhaust and for the price it is well worth it if you’re not satisfied with the stock. I have ridden over 4k miles with this exhaust with no problems and is holding up very well. 

Offline Keener

• Versys Master
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2017, 08:46:14 PM »
FYI  Dan Moto is made in China ,   ....and the quality is pretty good I would say ..I noticed that you have a little heat shield , did you make that up ? as my Dan Moto didn't have one
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 08:49:43 PM by Keener »

Offline sprocket

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 16 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Winter Haven FL.
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2017, 10:07:43 PM »
sorry my mistake thought it was made here. The heat shield was a 6" universal i got from BikeBandit i added to pipe due to riding in the rain the leg on my rain suit got burnt so i need to ad the heat shield to protect the leg. it just clamps on with hose clamps i think i used 2"clamps

Offline Keener

• Versys Master
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2017, 12:37:30 AM »
*Originally Posted by sprocket [+]
sorry my mistake thought it was made here. The heat shield was a 6" universal i got from BikeBandit i added to pipe due to riding in the rain the leg on my rain suit got burnt so i need to ad the heat shield to protect the leg. it just clamps on with hose clamps i think i used 2"clamps

NICE touch the heat shield ... i will check them out ... good value on the Danmoto

Offline tall-mike

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: versys 1000
  • City / Town: Wellton, AZ. USA
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2017, 02:06:08 AM »
I purchased the dan-motto gp style, 6 months ago and couldn't be happier with it. :188:

Recent Topics