Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2015 New Arrival  (Read 2648 times)

Offline Bill10

• Non Active
  • Versys Master
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Tampa Area
2015 New Arrival
« on: March 31, 2015, 10:41:59 PM »
As planned, Iím happy to say that I took delivery of my 2015 Versys 1000 LT this morning in Tampa. Then I proceeded to take it out on an 85 mile loop that I often ride. It was extremely comfortable on this first ride, feeling like a bike that you could really log some miles on. The engine runs and shifts extremely smoothly, although for now Iím keeping it within the manufacturerís running-in guidelines.

It was a fairly windy day but the Versys cut through it with minimal buffeting. The screen has a pretty decent 4 or so inch travel on its adjustment. Even at the lowest level it kept the wind out from under the visor on my helmet. I tried a couple different settings and wound up keeping it at the lowest. I might turn the handlebar up a little, but other than that the ergos were absolutely perfect.

One slight annoyance I noted during the ride was that it seemed to intermittently throw off a lot of heat on my left leg. Iím thinking that the heat may be channeled that way when the fan (which points forward into the rad) comes on, but thereís a good deal of cover on that side. Anyone else experiencing that issue?

Another issue I have is that the locking cylinder on the right side case didnít get installed properly when they were doing assembly. Then apparently they had to drill it out and use the spare cylinder (the one for the top case). However, they didnít get that in properly either. Where it should rest flush on the case, itís actually recessed too far down in the hole (see pic). Watch for that when you pick up your bikes; that definitely should not be happening and I'm not sure if the problem is the cylinder or the person that installed it. For now my dealer acknowledged that it was their fault, and Iíve got them getting me a new three cylinder set to replace that mess.

Before the week is out Iím hoping to get my traditional ďloop the lakeĒ ride completed. Whenever I get a new bike, I ride to and around Lake Okeechobee, which is that enormous man-made lake in South Florida you see on maps of Florida. Itís about a 500 mile ride, so itíll put me right on my running-in oil change.

Offline V-Coaster

• Versys Master
  • Bike: '16 KTM 1190 Adv
  • City / Town: Vancouver
Re: 2015 New Arrival
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 10:56:31 PM »
Nice! Sounds like a good break-in ride

Offline Benchmark

• Versys Master
  • Bike: 2015 R1200RT LE
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 07:55:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by Bill10 [+]
One slight annoyance I noted during the ride was that it seemed to intermittently throw off a lot of heat on my left leg. Iím thinking that the heat may be channeled that way when the fan (which points forward into the rad) comes on, but thereís a good deal of cover on that side. Anyone else experiencing that issue?

I've as yet not noticed any heat on me off the bike, but then when I've been out it's been cold out  :016:

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 08:55:09 AM »
Bill I'm glad that you are enjoying the new bike. The problem  :notsure: with excessive heat from the fan is something that British based bikes would never suffer, most of the time we British riders would be more that grateful for some heat blowing on our legs, especially at this time of year(I'm looking out at snow capped hills). The temperature is hovering around freezing :43:. Good luck with getting the locks fixed, and enjoy the bike. :002:
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Vivamus inter Versys
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 08:56:19 AM »
Interesting report Bill, some owners of the latest generation big Versys haven't yet got their luggage due to some sort of hold up presumably between KHI and the luggage manufacturer which I think is Kappa

I have no doubt that you supplying dealer will sort things out to your satisfaction very soon.

Let us know how your traditional break in ride goes with a report and some pictures  :2: 
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline stlee29

• Versys Master
  • Good rides.....
  • Bike: V1K 2013
  • City / Town: Penang
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 01:07:59 PM »
Good rides, Bill.  :celebrate:
This is a bloody great Bike....!

My V1K Blog: https://www.versys1000.com/index.php/topic,12733.0.html

Offline francis83

• Versys God
  • Bike: V1K MK1 2012
  • City / Town: Trans en provenc
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 10:06:19 PM »
Well done!!
The main point is invisible for the eyes

Offline DaveHilton

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 GT
  • City / Town: North Wales
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 11:48:39 AM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
Bill I'm glad that you are enjoying the new bike. The problem  :notsure: with excessive heat from the fan is something that British based bikes would never suffer, most of the time we British riders would be more that grateful for some heat blowing on our legs, especially at this time of year(I'm looking out at snow capped hills). The temperature is hovering around freezing :43:. Good luck with getting the locks fixed, and enjoy the bike. :002:

Totally agree, first ride on mine took me into snowdonia with snow capped mountains
2015 Versys 1000 GT - Orange
2015 Z1000 SX - Green

Recent Topics