Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 12vtechnology Outlets  (Read 418 times)

Offline Bill10

• Non Active
  • Versys Master
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Tampa Area
12vtechnology Outlets
« on: April 21, 2015, 10:16:02 PM »
This outfit has been previously referred to in some posts, but I thought Iíd give them a thread. Cali-based 12vtechnology has a decent selection of marine-grade, waterproof accessory outlets, powerlet-like sockets, USB and other dash mount gauges and accessories that are useful for motorcycles.

I just received a couple of their basic, cigarette-lighter-type accessory outlets for dash mount on the Versys. They were under $6.00 each ($15.70 with shipping) and seem to be made of quality materials. I tested them with the plug from my Garmin Nuvi 550 and it seemed to snap in the wells tightly. Both outlets worked fine. After install, Iíve decided to go back to them and get a USB port outlet for the right side. Or I may trade it out for a voltmeter. I know Iím not going to put a gear indicator in the hole which is what itís for.

I pieced together a harness to piggyback both outlets off the pre-wired accessory outlet connectors that are hidden way up in the left cowl. Plus I added a common two-pin connector so I can use that power source for other accessories should I ever find the need without dismantling everything.

The outlets required a 1 1/8 inch (29mm) hole for mounting in the dash. The left hole is just a bit smaller (about 28mm) and needed a touch of grinding with the dremel.

The right hole thatís supposed to be for the shift indicator is 1 3/8 inches (35mm), which was too big for the socket diameter, so I had to fabricate up a plastic base plate and securing plate for underneath the dash.

All in all, it seemed to come out fine.

Offline Vadim

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2018 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Brooklyn, NY
Re: 12vtechnology Outlets
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 04:24:50 AM »
Nice post!
Thank you for measurements, was looking for them.

Thanks,
Vadim

Recent Topics

waggish