Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: double headlights  (Read 15440 times)

Offline augie05

• Versys Pro
  • Taking the long way home....
  • Bike: 15 Versys 1K LT
  • City / Town: Cary, NC
Re: double headlights
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2015, 01:35:18 PM »
Doesn't the high beam light also aim further down the road as well?  (in addition to being brighter)

Just wondering, even with the reduction to 40%, if the high-beam side (set to point further down the road?) will cause drives to flash you at night.

Offline Benchmark

• Versys Master
  • Bike: 2015 R1200RT LE
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2015, 01:37:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by augie05 [+]
Doesn't the high beam light also aim further down the road as well?  (in addition to being brighter)

Just wondering, even with the reduction to 40%, if the high-beam side (set to point further down the road?) will cause drives to flash you at night.

Not sure on the Kawasaki with reflector headlights, but I've seen it installed on bike with projector headlights and it worked well without dazzling during the daytime  :016:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 01:51:44 PM by Benchmark »

Offline longdog

• Versys God
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
  • City / Town: Swansea
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2015, 09:20:33 AM »
I think this would work well on the V1 too if you wanted a bit more light up front to be noticed.
Titty bars aren't bad if you enjoy being sexually aroused without an outlet. Oh, and they're also convenient if you're in the mood for paying double the normal price for a drink. If I'm in the mood to be treated poorly while giving up large amounts of cash, I visit a BMW dealership

Offline fulleke

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Gouda
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2015, 08:23:54 AM »
*Originally Posted by augie05 [+]
Looks like a good mod.  How easy is it for a novice to install?   How does this impact riding at night?  Do you get folks flashing you thinking you have your high-beams on?  (not sure how the 40 percent power actually works when riding at night..)

Question -- what about just running high-beams during the day?

very easy to install, the most difficult part is to reach the headlights on the back. Unless you have very small hands, it's better to remove the top-fairing.
Because of the 40% voltage, the reflector doesn't do it's work. Only at 100% the others will flash at you ;-). And at that point you have the advantage of your high-beam.
(brighter and further aim)

Running high-beams will make you visible, but will not make your fellow road-user very happy ! ;-)

Offline Ponyroller

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 versys 1000
  • City / Town: Chapleau
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2015, 07:07:46 PM »
I like the look with both lights on. Going to have to find the mod closer to home.

Offline fulleke

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Gouda
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2015, 07:33:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ponyroller [+]
I like the look with both lights on. Going to have to find the mod closer to home.
won't do... only available online... according to the website, shipping to Canada is 5,75 euro's...

Offline Ponyroller

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 versys 1000
  • City / Town: Chapleau
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2015, 07:38:09 PM »
That is not as bad as I thought it would be  :001:

Offline burfo62

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2015 1000
  • City / Town: leics
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2015, 05:15:48 PM »
I just checked out the link and there appears to be no mention of a versys 1000 so how/ what did you use

Offline Benchmark

• Versys Master
  • Bike: 2015 R1200RT LE
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2015, 05:49:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by burfo62 [+]
I just checked out the link and there appears to be no mention of a versys 1000 so how/ what did you use

There is only one module, this one http://www.doubletronics.com/en/category/doubleheadlight-module/ just that there is no installation manual for the Versys but it should be fairly easy to sort out the wiring colours, sorry can't remember the cable colours from when I fitted LED headlights.

Don't forget to drop into the new members section and introduce yourself  :016:

Offline burfo62

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2015 1000
  • City / Town: leics
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2015, 06:08:24 PM »
Thanks for the reply and forgive my ignorance, will do the new member bit soon.

Recent Topics