Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: GLOSS CARBON FIBRE CHAIN GUARDS NOW IN STOCK FOR VERSYS 1000  (Read 3108 times)

Offline Robpezzei

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2016
  • City / Town: Hengelo

Offline Paul_Smith

• Ex Member
  • Versys God
  • Account Terminated
  • Bike: V1K 2016 Black
Re: GLOSS CARBON FIBRE CHAIN GUARDS NOW IN STOCK FOR VERSYS 1000
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 11:59:42 PM »
Hi Richard,

Since the thought of a longer chain guard crossed my mind, I thought, "Why not see what PowerBronze are offering". So I was delighted to find this thread and disappointed to find it wasn't longer (the guard, not the thread). But then I also found the thread for the matt chain guard and I noticed it had exactly the same feed back and comments as this one had. Just a year older.

Let me summerise. You show a product your team has already made, we tell you what is wrong with it and why we wont buy it, you go talk to your MD. I am guessing from how quiet this forum has become that your MD is a bit tired of the Versys by now, which is a pity both for us and for you.

Much as I hate design by committee, maybe it would be worth trying. The next time you are looking at a potential product for the Versys, whether it is huggers, wind deflectors, hand guards, tail tidys, or even a chain guard with an optional extension, why not show mock-ups or prototypes here to get feedback before you go into production. You don't actually have to listen to us, but if a dozen people tell you the standard chain guard is too short and that they would pay for an extension (and nobody contradicts them), that usually means there is a potential market.

Offline Kryton

• Ex Member
  • Versys Master
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2018, 09:49:57 AM »
That's part of the problem sadly with Powerbronze, they don't listen, nor have any idea of the differences between model types. I brought this home to them on a couple of occasions regarding their front fenda extender and also the bellypan they originally made for the Mk.1, but also fits the Mk.2. No it doesn't, yes it does, back and forth with pictures until they they finally realised i was right. Same issue with the fenda extender, wasn't until they saw pictures they caved in.

They've been told by loads of people on the forum, including me, make the chain guard longer at the back to stop crud flying up, great idea they cry, then ignore everyone and now wonder why nobody buys the damn thing.

Online Claude

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: Victoriaville Quebec
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2018, 03:18:42 PM »

Rob, any chance to see the posts you gave the links to? They actually are redirected elsewhere...

Offline francis83

• Versys God
  • Bike: V1K MK1 2012
  • City / Town: Trans en provenc
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2018, 03:37:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by Claude [+]
Rob, any chance to see the posts you gave the links to? They actually are redirected elsewhere...

They are in the new album

The main point is invisible for the eyes

Online Claude

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: Victoriaville Quebec
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2018, 03:50:35 PM »
Merci Francis!
Where is the new album? (I know, I know, newbie question...)

Offline francis83

• Versys God
  • Bike: V1K MK1 2012
  • City / Town: Trans en provenc
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2018, 04:33:46 PM »
Click on the "Photos Gallery" in the Forum panel as in Red on the picture

The main point is invisible for the eyes

Recent Topics