Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: National Cycle VStream - Full review comparison to Puig and photos  (Read 11391 times)

Offline schnuffi

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: V2, 1000LT
  • City / Town: Medicine Hat
Re: National Cycle VStream - Full review comparison to Puig and photos
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 01:37:25 AM »
I've ordered one Darth.

This morning it was 2 degrees and coming home this afternoon it was 24 :008:

Heated vest and winter gloves this morning, summer gloves, vest in the top box.  Nice day though, if it wasnt for work.

I came over from UK last November, I'm here for 3 to 5 years.  Brave man doing that to a Grizzly bear :5:

Offline Darth

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2016 GT
  • City / Town: Stirling
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2016, 09:39:18 AM »
Lucky you, Canada looks beautiful. Only ever flew over it, quite big, lots of trees. A far cry from crowded old blighty!

Offline National Cycle

• Versys Newbie
  • City / Town: Maywood, IL
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2016, 11:52:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by Darth [+]
Frenchminet Don't worry man.

1 - I got terrible buffeting on all but the highest setting on the Puig, so I rode with the Puig all the way up too. I think the problem was that not enough air was getting under the bottom of the Puig to equalise the pressure.
No such problem on the Vstream.

2 - The Puig felt like I was in a car, it was comfy, but I lost all sensation that I was on a bike and on a hot day I got no air whatsoever when I opened my visor.
Again, the Vsteam beats it hands down here.

3 - With the Vstream on it's highest setting I could easily have cruised for hours on the motorway without ear plugs. It's not complete silence like the Puig, but I was as comfy as the Puig and the top of the screen wasn't near my line of sight like the Puig was. I stood up slightly to find where the air started and it was about an inch above my seating position. Not sure how they managed that! (Correction, maybe not as much as an inch, but I did have to stand up slightly to find it)
So, the Vstream is a better design.

The Vstream pulls off the neat trick of shielding roaring wind and buffeting, but you still get the sensation of the speed you're doing AND you still get a little air through your helmet when you open the vents. I prefer the Vstream.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the VStream!

Our products are distributed worldwide, you can find a distributor here: http://www.nationalcycle.com/support-intl-dist

If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call at 708-343-0400. Thanks!

Offline woodman

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Versys1000
  • City / Town: Mountain Home
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2016, 01:34:42 AM »
*Originally Posted by National Cycle [+]

Our products are distributed worldwide, you can find a distributor here: http://www.nationalcycle.com/support-intl-dist

I also have recently bought the V-stream N 20116 and love it. You guys did a good job of designing a windshield that works like it is suppose to.

Offline frenchminet

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys GT 2016
  • City / Town: ALES
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2016, 07:14:37 AM »
*Originally Posted by National Cycle [+]

Except that when I initially looked at French distributors, they either deal with Goldwings or Harleys. "Epona" does list Kawasaki screens but NOT for the Versys 1000. :015:

I had to deal with a Dutch distributor ("Bikers Buy It", not listed BTW) who took one full month to deliver :007:
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 07:16:23 AM by frenchminet »
There are many old bikers
There are many reckless bikers
There are few old and reckless bikers...

Offline schnuffi

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: V2, 1000LT
  • City / Town: Medicine Hat
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2016, 01:05:34 AM »
Well, here's my two penneth on the screen.  Hope Darth doesnt mind me adding to his posts.
I installed it on Saturday and have probably ridden about 300kms.  My ride to work is 50km almost entirely on the highway and much of that with open prairie on both sides with a constant wind.  Today coming home was very windy.
I'm 5 feet 10 inches. Leg seam 30".

This, for me, is miles better than the stock screen.  It doesn't eliminate buffeting on my head but much less harsh, a little quieter and I find I'm having to check my speed as I'm going faster.  Lots of cops on the roads so I'm not going fast.  130kmph no issues.  The original screen was a pain, i feel I could ride a lot further now.  After a little trial I quickly put it to its highest setting and that's where it will stay.  No issues with line of sight, I'm looking over the top.

I feel its very expensive for a bit of plastic but that kwacker screen was ruining my time on the bike.

Offline swp2227

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Bridgend
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 02:50:08 PM »
Ordered mine today from a company called Performance Parts.

They do not have it as a stock item but will get one in from the states which will take 3-4 weeks.

Gone for the taller version as i am 6'2".

Fingers crossed that it will be better than the MRA/Givi/Givi Airflow that I have already tried. lol.
 :008:

http://www.performanceparts-ltd.com/road/kawasaki/606_versys-1000-15-/2016/categories/screens/national-cycle-screens/N20117
Cheers Hugh

Offline Darth

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2016 GT
  • City / Town: Stirling
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2016, 04:33:37 PM »
swp2227 Hope it works out for you. Sounds like you went for the right size, being 6'2".

Can you believe National Cycle wrote a reply to this? Must have shown up on their Google Analytics.

Offline weljo2001

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Norwalk,CA
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2016, 06:45:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by swp2227 [+]
Ordered mine today from a company called Performance Parts.

They do not have it as a stock item but will get one in from the states which will take 3-4 weeks.

Gone for the taller version as i am 6'2".

Fingers crossed that it will be better than the MRA/Givi/Givi Airflow that I have already tried. lol.

http://www.performanceparts-ltd.com/road/kawasaki/606_versys-1000-15-/2016/categories/screens/national-cycle-screens/N20117

I'm 6'2" also. Bought the taller V-Stream and it did the trick for me. I keep it on the lower setting for city riding and raise it when i do long freeways. Works fine on freeway in the low setting also.

P1010529 by weljo2001, on Flickr
I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Offline wozzamatta

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Mk I Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Melbourne
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2016, 10:07:50 AM »
*Originally Posted by swp2227 [+]

Fingers crossed that it will be better than the Givi Airflow that I have already tried. lol.

Well that is odd, over the years a lot of people on this forum have installed the Givi Airflow (including myself) and found it to be excellent, visor up riding at 100 kph without problems.

I wonder if it is something to do with the Givi Airflow screen being good on a Mk 1 Versys but no so successful on a Mk 2 Versys.

I've had an Airflow on my Mk 1 bike for around 3 years and think it is the best screen I've ever had on a bike, if its warm I can lean forward and lower the screen, if its cold I can raise the screen all without stopping. I agree its probably the ugliest screen on the market but on the MK 1 it definitely works.

However I also bought a Givi Airflow for my KTM 1050 (2nd bike) and it is terrible, threw it in the bin, so I guess different results for different bikes.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 10:10:15 AM by wozzamatta »
2012 Kawasaki Versys 1000
2015 KTM 1050 Adventure

Recent Topics

waggish