Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: National Cycle VStream - Full review comparison to Puig and photos  (Read 11390 times)

Offline swp2227

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Bridgend
Re: National Cycle VStream - Full review comparison to Puig and photos
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2016, 07:11:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by wozzamatta [+]
Well that is odd, over the years a lot of people on this forum have installed the Givi Airflow (including myself) and found it to be excellent, visor up riding at 100 kph without problems.

I wonder if it is something to do with the Givi Airflow screen being good on a Mk 1 Versys but no so successful on a Mk 2 Versys.

I've had an Airflow on my Mk 1 bike for around 3 years and think it is the best screen I've ever had on a bike, if its warm I can lean forward and lower the screen, if its cold I can raise the screen all without stopping. I agree its probably the ugliest screen on the market but on the MK 1 it definitely works.

However I also bought a Givi Airflow for my KTM 1050 (2nd bike) and it is terrible, threw it in the bin, so I guess different results for different bikes.

I wouldn't disagree totally with you as many on here have installed the Givi Airflow as you have mentioned and appear to be happy with it. The issue for me is that with all the screens that I have tried  none of them have got rid of the buffeting, it is probably more of an issue for me as I am 6'2". I don't mind riding in clean air but I have never experienced buffeting as bad on this bike compared with the numerous other bikes I have had over the years. Out of all the screens the Givi airflow was the best of them . I have gone for the Vstream due to the good reviews it appears to be getting, who knows it might not be any better lol. By the way I have the MK 1.
Cheers Hugh

Offline longdog

• Versys God
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
  • City / Town: Swansea
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2016, 11:23:12 PM »
swp2227, looking forward to hearing your review. I had a Vstream on my Pan European and it was brilliant!
Titty bars aren't bad if you enjoy being sexually aroused without an outlet. Oh, and they're also convenient if you're in the mood for paying double the normal price for a drink. If I'm in the mood to be treated poorly while giving up large amounts of cash, I visit a BMW dealership

Offline weljo2001

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Norwalk,CA
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2016, 12:55:17 AM »
Heres a couple of video's of my tall V-Stream I'm 6'2" with a 32" inseam...

Screen in the top position......

Screen in the low position......
I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2016, 07:54:28 AM »
I just brought home a '15 Versys 1000. I'm 6'3", 33" inseam, built like a scarecrow. At my height the stock screen is awful at any speed; approaching freeway speed the steady thundering against both sides of my helmet is deafening.

I did all the tape measuring for the National Cycle #N20117 tall screen. I like the horizon 1 1/2 or 2 inches over the screen and this one will go there. I'm ordering it right now. Hopefully the stock screen can be stored long term in the packaging the Vstream comes in. And hopefully freeway riding will be a lot more chill!
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 650 MK3
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2016, 10:18:41 AM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
I just brought home a '15 Versys 1000. I'm 6'3", 33" inseam, built like a scarecrow. At my height the stock screen is awful at any speed; approaching freeway speed the steady thundering against both sides of my helmet is deafening.

I did all the tape measuring for the National Cycle #N20117 tall screen. I like the horizon 1 1/2 or 2 inches over the screen and this one will go there. I'm ordering it right now. Hopefully the stock screen can be stored long term in the packaging the Vstream comes in. And hopefully freeway riding will be a lot more chill!
Ah yes,  let the farkling commence.   :028:
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Offline ciderdrinker

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 1000 GT
  • City / Town: Maryport
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2016, 09:39:37 PM »
Hi. I'm planning to get one of these screens in the new year as we're off to the Alps this summer on the Versys. The OEM screen has to be the worst I've ever come across. I've noticed that there are 3 different screen heights on the National Cycle website. Being 6' tall, 30" leg and average build can anybody pass on a recommendation for the best one for me?

Thanks!!

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2016, 09:56:15 PM »
At 6'3" tall, the tallest clear Nat Cycle V-stream reduces buffeting but does not completely eliminate it at the helmet. That's positioned all the way up on the shield sliders. Slumping down a couple or three inches I am in a true dead spot. Same by leaning forward closer to the screen at an uncomfortable angle.

At 6 feet you will probably have the adjustment range to get there seated normally.

For me the turbulence isn't bad, though the narrowness of the screen lets more buffeting by in a significant crosswind. The V-Stream is a quality product that installs in minutes and is a thousand times better than the stock shield. But on long trips I will wish for the dead spot.
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline juliang

• Versys Pro
  • the Boro Tennessee but originally London England
  • Bike: Versys 1000 LT,
  • City / Town: Murfreesboro, TN
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2016, 01:53:18 AM »
The stock screen sucks, I mean it is awful. I am 6' 2" and after reading lots of the posts on this forum I bought the Puig screen, dark smoke as my bike is black. I have it at the lowest setting and it's great, visor up no problem at least up to 80mph. It looks good and works even better for me.

Offline woodman

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Versys1000
  • City / Town: Mountain Home
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2016, 12:12:35 PM »
I am 5'11" with a 32" inseam. I have both the medium V-Stream and the Puig touring. I like both but they do not have the same wind protection. Right now I have the Puig on as it is better in cold weather, being wider at the bottom it keeps more wind off my body, this will be a disadvantage in the hot summer months when I want more air on my body but not on my head causing wind noise and helmet buffeting. When running over 75 mph , which is just a small portion of the time when I am on the interstate, the puig is better, the wind noise of the V-Stream get loud at 75mph and above. The wind noise with the Puig is not much different at 55mph or 100mph. If looks matter I think the V-Stream looks better.
Choosing one would not be easy, I am sure I will not like the Puig during the hot summer months, so I will keep both and change them according to the riding conditions.

Offline Lostinbc

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versus 1000
  • City / Town: Victoria
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2017, 10:14:02 PM »
I had been flip flopping between the MRA Vario and Puig windscreen, but your write-up has me looking at the Nat'l Cycle screen. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a company -here in Canada - that sells the Vstream for the Versys 1000. Neither Twisted Throttle or Canada's Motorcycle Store (Forty Nine) seem to carry the shield. Any suggestions from the Canadian forum members? 
Lostinbc

Recent Topics