stlee29 stlee29
6 Posts
Groanup Groanup
3 Posts
weljo2001 weljo2001
3 Posts
Sonny Sonny
3 Posts

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Avon tyre offer  (Read 606 times)

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Avon tyre offer
« on: April 10, 2018, 01:12:09 PM »
This might be interesting for anyone contemplating new hoops  :028: 

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/new-rider/2010/december/dec0310-new-rider-free-tyre-replacement/   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Re: Avon tyre offer
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2018, 03:06:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
This might be interesting for anyone contemplating new hoops  :028: 

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/new-rider/2010/december/dec0310-new-rider-free-tyre-replacement/   

It has been brought to my attention that the article link I attached is from 2010.

However I picked up this offer from the latest issue of MSL...so it seems that the offer may have been reintroduced
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2018, 04:03:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
It has been brought to my attention that the article link I attached is from 2010.

However I picked up this offer from the latest issue of MSL...so it seems that the offer may have been reintroduced
And I can highly recommend both Avons Storm 3D XMs , and the new Spirits.
I have used both on my MK2, and both are excellent tyres with good grip both in the wet and dry. And they wear better than any other tyre that I have used. Fantastic value for money tyres.
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Offline Rickrides

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: Grand Terrace, CA
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 06:31:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
And I can highly recommend both Avons Storm 3D XMs , and the new Spirits.
I have used both on my MK2, and both are excellent tyres with good grip both in the wet and dry. And they wear better than any other tyre that I have used. Fantastic value for money tyres.

I've been using Avon Storms on my 1999 ZRX1100 for years and have gotten great mileage out of the older 3Ds--up to 10K on a rear tire.  And they've always given me confidence in handling though I don't ride it like I've got gumballs on it. 

I recently fitted a set of the Storm 3D XMs on the ZRX and they feel very good so far.  I don't get the opportunity to ride in the rain much though.  Since I bought the Versys for my new "long distance" bike the ZRX will be for shorter day trips in the local mountains and the next set of tires may be something more sport oriented but we'll see.  Love the Avons so much I may just stick with them. 

I just put a 3D XM on the rear of my '16 Versys 1000 and am looking forward to breaking it in this weekend.  I have a new Avon front as well but the original tire is not quite worn out at this point. 

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 06:51:31 PM »
I am a great fan of the 3D XMs, and have used lots of them on the big V. No complaints at all with them. And as Rick states, they are capable of mega mileage.   Quick tip though, the latest Avon Spirits are almost the same tyre as the 3D XM, but the front has 2mm more tread. So it makes sense to use a Spirit front with a 3D XM rear. And that combination is approved by Avon.
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Offline Rickrides

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: Grand Terrace, CA
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 10:44:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
I am a great fan of the 3D XMs, and have used lots of them on the big V. No complaints at all with them. And as Rick states, they are capable of mega mileage.   Quick tip though, the latest Avon Spirits are almost the same tyre as the 3D XM, but the front has 2mm more tread. So it makes sense to use a Spirit front with a 3D XM rear. And that combination is approved by Avon.

Now you tell me!  I just ordered the 3D XM front!   :2:  Well, since I am leaving the stock Bridgestone on the bike until it's worn out or just before my next long trip, the new front will probably last as long as the rear anyway.

Recent Topics