Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: License Plate Bulb  (Read 1035 times)

Offline Bob

• Versys Pro
  • Acts 4:12
  • Bike: 2016 V1K
  • City / Town: Palmdale
Bob
----------
Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. (Romans 12:17)

Offline Grim

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1K
Re: License Plate Bulb
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 01:10:26 PM »
I can't say for certain since I have not pulled this bulb yet to inspect it, but I will say that I have found that Kawasaki uses a lot of odd sized bulbs that seemingly only they produce/market.  I have had to replace a turn signal bulb and it was an odd,  12V/10W bulb that doesn't match anything else I could find, except for OEM parts.  Since spec lists this as a 12V/5W bulb (Kaw #92069-1055), I'm going to guess it's the same thing.  1156 won't fit the turn signals and I'm pretty sure it won't fit the license plate light.

Hopefully someone who has replaced theirs can either confirm or refute.
Omnis moritur, sed non omnis vivit

Offline Bayonet

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: North Essex
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 02:01:21 PM »
I've replaced my number plate bulb more than once (bumpy London roads I suspect) and I bought the bulbs off the shelf in a well known car accessories store. Have no idea what the bulb was, I just take the old one in with me when it fails. Same for the low beam headlight bulb which seemed to fail regularly up until the last replacement.
2015 Versys 1000- 71,000 miles, 1 frayed starter circuit wire, 10 shims (over two checks), 6 rear tyres, 8 front tyres, 9 oil changes, 2 sets of plugs, 2 air filter, 8 fork seals,  1 set of head race bearings, 2 chain and sprocket sets, 4 screens, 4 pairs of front brake pads, 2 pair of rear pads (old ones wouldn't' wear out) 9 washes and counting.

Offline Topbox

• Versys Pro
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 03:21:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bayonet [+]
I've replaced my number plate bulb  and I bought the bulbs off the shelf in a well known car accessories store.Have no idea what the bulb was, I just take the old one in with me when it fails
  :152: :152:

Me too at a local motor factors. Interestingly I only noticed it had failed when it was mentioned at its first MOT test, and they still passed it. Apparently its not a fail. I had completely overlooked its existence.

Who knew.

TB

Life, its not a rehersal.

Offline KLXtra

• Versys Member
  • Orange is the new Green
  • Bike: 2013 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Caledon,ON
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 04:21:22 PM »

Offline Tangerine

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 1000 GT
  • City / Town: Edinburgh
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 02:55:30 PM »
Whats involved in changing this bulb - do you have to remove the sub-frame that holds the top box to release the plastic panel above the light fitting?

Recent Topics