Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: PUIG SCREEN QUESTION  (Read 6577 times)

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena, Antrim
Re: PUIG SCREEN QUESTION
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 08:20:25 AM »
The larger Kawasaki accessories screen actually looks like a very good alternative option (it would have made a great standard fitment)    :028:     
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Roger (Rog)

Offline Joeri999

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 V1K black
  • City / Town: Tilburg
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2017, 09:25:21 PM »
I'm curious how this ends up and when the likes of Puig will offer screens for the 17- versions. I haven't received my bike yet (oh, the wait!) but since I'm 6'2, I'm eyeing the Puig screen as well.

I hope they fix it soon!

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2017, 08:45:26 AM »
Puig were obviously unaware that KHI have modified screen fitment on 2017 bikes, even my dealer didn't know.

It will take a while for Puig et al to catch up and modify production.   

In the meantime it's    :whistle:   :whistle:    :002:   
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Roger (Rog)

Offline Joeri999

• Versys Pro
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2017, 08:53:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
Puig were obviously unaware that KHI have modified screen fitment on 2017 bikes, even my dealer didn't know.

It will take a while for Puig et al to catch up and modify production.   

In the meantime it's    :whistle:   :whistle:    :002:

Thanks, please keep us posted of progress!  :031:

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2017, 01:12:29 PM »
I have not heard back from my supplier yet, so I have now messaged PUIG direct and asked them for an opinion.

ALSO...having spoken with Kawasaki U.K this morning I can say that the new larger Kawasaki screen part # 999940930 will almost certainly NOT function when fitted in conjunction with the GPS mounting bracket that fits above the instruments......which is why Kawasaki are now marketing a differently mounted GPS mounting bracket for the 2017 model year bikes (part # 999940973) which attaches to the bar clamps and in my opinion will obscure the instrument panel  :033:   

Roger (Rog)

Offline Joeri999

• Versys Pro
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 01:56:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
ALSO...having spoken with Kawasaki U.K this morning I can say that the new larger Kawasaki screen part # 999940930 will almost certainly NOT function when fitted in conjunction with the GPS mounting bracket that fits above the instruments......which is why Kawasaki are now marketing a differently mounted GPS mounting bracket for the 2017 model year bikes (part # 999940973) which attaches to the bar clamps and in my opinion will obscure the instrument panel  :033:

Hmmm, interesting. I don't like the bar clamps mounting point either, looking to get the SW Motech screen mount for the GPS. I hope it will still match with the Puig touring screen!

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 02:54:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by Joeri999 [+]
Hmmm, interesting. I don't like the bar clamps mounting point either, looking to get the SW Motech screen mount for the GPS. I hope it will still match with the Puig touring screen!

The kawasaki supplied GPS mounting that I have just installed is a Motech branded product , and I must say very, very well made and solid fitting  :028:

I can not see any reason why it wont fit with the Puig screen  :002:       

Roger (Rog)

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2017, 03:14:12 PM »
Puig have now been in touch with me and are sending me the latest modified production screen which should fit....happy days  :028:   

Roger (Rog)

Offline MLC

• Versys Pro
  • MLC
  • Bike: 2015 V1K GT
  • City / Town: Southport
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2017, 03:56:49 PM »
Hopefully at a heavily discounted price to compensate for the inconvenience!! :031:

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2017, 06:26:53 PM »
*Originally Posted by MLC [+]
Hopefully at a heavily discounted price to compensate for the inconvenience!! :031:

F.O.C   :028:   

Roger (Rog)

Recent Topics