Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Denali D4 Lights  (Read 2127 times)

Offline Dannyboy1949

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Medford, Oregon
Re: Denali D4 Lights
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 03:47:12 AM »
Is it necessary to remove front fairings to access the factory wiring to install the D4's when you run the wiring to the battery as you did?
I used to do self deprecating humor, but I wasn't very good at it.

Offline Paul_Smith

• Versys Master
  • Bike: V1K 2016 Black
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2017, 09:56:38 AM »
*Originally Posted by Dannyboy1949 [+]
Is it necessary to remove front fairings to access the factory wiring to install the D4's when you run the wiring to the battery as you did?
Yes, but if you follow GHarshmans guide https://www.versys1000.com/index.php/topic,15367.0.html, it is really easy.

Offline Crosshairs

• Versys Master
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: East Coast
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2017, 10:53:12 AM »
*Originally Posted by Titan-V1 [+]
Had wires ran to the battery. I also had Koso heated grips installed and ran those wires also; along with a spare set for if or when I add a gps. That way if I decided to add a Fuzeblock all the lines will be there. Probably overkill but it didn't take much longer since I was having other work done as well.

just an FYI for anyone else who reads this, there are already wires up front for heated grips and other accessories. They are there from the factory.

Offline Dannyboy1949

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Medford, Oregon
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2017, 03:32:29 AM »
Most of the electrical I've done on the V1k I've run to the battery with relays and fuses, but I did use the factory heated grip circuit for the grips.

I'm wondering if one way to make good use of lights like the D4s might be to aim one for distance that comes on with the bright headlight beam and one that is aimed much closer and stays on with the low beam. From what has been said the D4s are real flame throwers.
I used to do self deprecating humor, but I wasn't very good at it.

Recent Topics