Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: NEW Kawasaki Large Screen for the 2017 model  (Read 9998 times)

Offline Bike_nerd

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Edmonton
Re: NEW Kawasaki Large Screen for the 2017 model
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2017, 02:47:19 AM »
*Originally Posted by Vespista1960 [+]
Just arrived and mounted without any problem using the collars and dampers (€ 10 circa) highlighted in the pdf attached to my previous post, purchased separately.
It's much bigger than oem. The shape is similar to that of Bmw GS.
Next week I will test it in a long ride and report my opinion.

Eagerly awaiting your feedback.  I was ready to pull the trigger on the Puig, but I do like the idea of the Kawi-branded screen.  If you could post the dimensions of the screen and a pic or two, that would be much appreciated.  Also wondering if you can see over the top of it in the lowest position.  Thanks!!

Offline Bike_nerd

• Versys Pro
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2017, 03:34:10 AM »
Just arrived and mounted without any problem using the collars and dampers (€ 10 circa) highlighted in the pdf attached to my previous post, purchased separately.
It's much bigger than oem. The shape is similar to that of Bmw GS.
Next week I will test it in a long ride and report my opinion.

Do you happen to have part numbers for the dampers and collars?  I see them circled on the parts diagram but there are no part numbers on it.  Also, is the vent in the middle of the screen adjustable while riding?  Sorry for all the questions...

Offline Vespista1960

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: Milano
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2017, 07:59:19 AM »
A pair of pics of the screen in the lowest position. Bad quality pics. Sorry.
Aesthetically it is not bad.

I'm 175 cm (5'9") and I see over the screen when it's in the lowest position. I'd say it's high as the oem screen in the highest position.

The vent in the middle is not adjustable. I'm a little bit worried by that vent. I wonder what happens under the rain.

Let's try.

The numbers of the parts required to mount on MY2015 are 92152-0092 (collars) and 92161-1938 (dampers).

Online TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2017, 08:06:28 AM »
A pair of pics of the screen in the lowest position. Bad quality pics. Sorry.
Aesthetically it is not bad.
I'm 175 cm (5'9") and I see over the screen when it's in the lowest position. I'd say it's high as the oem screen in the highest position.
The vent in the middle is not adjustable. I'm a little bit worried by that vent. I wonder what happens under the rain. Let's try.
The numbers of the parts required to mount on MY2015 are 92152-0092 (collars) and 92161-1938 (dampers).

Your screen quality looks good, and it will be interesting to hear your opinions once you have tested it.

Some other members will also be interested to hear if this screen can be used in conjunction with an 'above instrument' GPS mounting, my guess is that the vent will prohibit that combination.
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Joeri999

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 V1K black
  • City / Town: Tilburg
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2017, 08:25:53 AM »
It certainly looks the business!  :37:

Good luck testing, we're awaiting the feedback #letitraininItaly  :001:

Offline Joeri999

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 V1K black
  • City / Town: Tilburg
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2017, 08:31:45 AM »
Talking about vents... this article offers some insight in the usefulness of vents: https://www.clearviewshields.com/blog/clearview-shields-windshield-venting/

Offline Vespista1960

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: Milano
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2017, 08:32:38 AM »
For next week we have planned a complete tour of Italy from north to south and back, including Sicily and Sardinia.
I think we will find all kinds of weather: hot, cold, sun, rain...it should be a good test for the screen  :002:

Online TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 01:12:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by Joeri999 [+]
Talking about vents... this article offers some insight in the usefulness of vents: https://www.clearviewshields.com/blog/clearview-shields-windshield-venting/

The latest model Kawasaki GTR/Concourse features a vented screen , but the vent opens outwards away from the rider.

I had a 2016 GTR before my current Versys, at first I couldn't notice any real difference with the vent opened or closed, but after a while I began to appreciate that it did in fact remove pressure from between the screen and the riders chest, so it was ok   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Bike_nerd

• Versys Pro
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2017, 06:06:30 PM »
Thanks for posting the pics.  It really looks good on the bike and I like the idea of the vent (as long as it doesn't let too much rain through  :004: )

The Kawi specs say it's 6" wider and 3" higher than stock which sounds good to me because I don't like having to look through it all the time.  Looking fwd to your review...

Offline Vlad

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 1000
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2017, 08:44:42 PM »
How much you really need to buy collars and dampers? 4 collars and 4 dampers or 2 and 2? I just order and do not know how much.

Recent Topics