Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Skene Controller  (Read 6516 times)

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
Re: New Skene Controller
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2018, 12:10:40 AM »
How bout that... direct customer service right on yr. favorite forum.  :37:

I rolled the Orange Sunshine out after 2 weeks locked in the garage. She started instantly and ran with silky smoothness and perfection. It's always a thrill: if you're up to riding well, the Versys is a precision instrument.

I rechecked the rider sag at 27%, rebounds on a good push go about 1/2in. past the stopping point, once, and settle. The setup feels fantastic, rock solid handling. What a great bike, what a shame to ever have to park it.  :7:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline Paul_Smith

• Ex Member
  • Versys God
  • Account Terminated
  • Bike: V1K 2016 Black
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2018, 10:23:20 AM »
I am sure the Bill is currently redesigning the next version to have the diode built into the package or to use a relay.

Offline davpag1

• Versys Pro
  • A Brit living abroad
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Cebu City
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2018, 12:57:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bike_nerd [+]
The module also requires a few milliamps from a switched ignition feed which I took from the accessory power outlet connection.

Could you explain location of the accessory power outlet you refer to. Thanks
If you ever make a trip to the Philippines, get in touch. I may need a courier for some bike items...:)

Offline Bike_nerd

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Edmonton
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2018, 12:36:31 AM »
There are two round accessory knock-outs on the Versys dash (left and right).  The one on the left is intended for a 12 volt power socket which you can buy from Kawasaki ($$) or from various places online (cheaper).  The one on the right is for a gear indicator, also available as an OEM accessory or from the aftermarket (eBay).

In behind the one on the left, Kawasaki has thoughtfully provided a ground conductor and a switched ignition feed in the event that the owner wishes to install an accessory power socket.  I connected the ignition input for my Skene controller to that switched 12 volt wire because it was convenient.

Let me know if you have any other questions.  :002:

Darren

Offline dketchum

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 16 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: San Antonio
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2018, 11:40:35 PM »
Apparently led headlights donít work with skene controller
. Installed them today and my high beam bulb
Will flicker contantly  until the high beam switch is turned on
I guess I should review their documentation and see if I can reach bill to see if there is something else I need to do to make it work
.  I do have the diode installed that bill specified to turnoff the high beam indicator.   Bummer

Edit: according to their website, certain brands/models donít work.  The ones I got from amazon- Allight V16 turbo led arenít on their list specifically , but apparently share some traits of the ones that wonít work.  Guess I will have to put the regular bulb back in the high beam position for now. 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 12:33:40 AM by dketchum »

Offline Racingragej

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 16 V-1000
  • City / Town: KC
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2018, 02:04:57 AM »
Just picked up a new 16 Versys. Concerning the headlights my plan was to get H4 bulbs to install in place of the H7ís.

Tested the volts bike is producing to the headlights and both sides are putting out 14v.

If I can get the H4ís to fit, could I jump a wire from the low beam to the left light and jump a wire from the high beam to the right light?

I bought H7 male plugs and H4 female plugs to make my own harness so it will be plug and play.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2018, 09:00:30 AM »
Welcome along Racingragej this is a great forum and the Versys 1000 is a great bike...I`m sure you will get an answer to your question, have you checked the search button and /or the Lighting/electrical and wiring section  :question:

Maybe you can drop into the Introduction section and tell us a bit more about yourself  :002:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Racingragej

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 16 V-1000
  • City / Town: KC
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2018, 10:00:49 AM »

Offline Paul_Smith

• Ex Member
  • Versys God
  • Account Terminated
  • Bike: V1K 2016 Black
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2018, 10:26:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by Racingragej [+]
Just picked up a new 16 Versys. Concerning the headlights my plan was to get H4 bulbs to install in place of the H7ís.

Tested the volts bike is producing to the headlights and both sides are putting out 14v.

If I can get the H4ís to fit, could I jump a wire from the low beam to the left light and jump a wire from the high beam to the right light?

I bought H7 male plugs and H4 female plugs to make my own harness so it will be plug and play.
As you have found out, the problem is not the bulbs, it is the crappy reflectors that Kawasaki choose to use which they took off their 300. If you rarely ride at night or in poor conditions, it won't affect you too much, but if you commute all year all weather, then having a single H7 bulb in a second rate reflector is really not good enough, especially for a bike calling itself a GT. My previous bike was a gen II Fazer 1000 which, even though much older, had twin H4 reflectors which I upgraded to HIDs. That thing lit up the roads and I was never flashed at. Upgrading the Versys to LEDs helps a lot but I haven't come across any 'good' solutions yet for using both lights. I have also added LED running lights which help a lot. I tried the Skene unit thinking I could have the running lights at half power with low beam and full power with high, but I could never make it work properly and eventually took it off. I am trying an experiment with an LED controller and a relay that might give me the results I want but it is still early days. 

Recent Topics