Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Skene Controller  (Read 4247 times)

Online Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: KLZ1000, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
Re: New Skene Controller
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2018, 12:10:40 AM »
How bout that... direct customer service right on yr. favorite forum.  :37:

I rolled the Orange Sunshine out after 2 weeks locked in the garage. She started instantly and ran with silky smoothness and perfection. It's always a thrill: if you're up to riding well, the Versys is a precision instrument.

I rechecked the rider sag at 27%, rebounds on a good push go about 1/2in. past the stopping point, once, and settle. The setup feels fantastic, rock solid handling. What a great bike, what a shame to ever have to park it.  :7:

Offline Paul_Smith

• Versys Master
  • Bike: V1K 2016 Black
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2018, 10:23:20 AM »
I am sure the Bill is currently redesigning the next version to have the diode built into the package or to use a relay.

Offline davpag1

• Versys Pro
  • A Brit living abroad
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Cebu City
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2018, 12:57:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by Bike_nerd [+]
The module also requires a few milliamps from a switched ignition feed which I took from the accessory power outlet connection.

Could you explain location of the accessory power outlet you refer to. Thanks
If you ever make a trip to the Philippines, get in touch. I may need a courier for some bike items...:)

Offline Bike_nerd

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Edmonton
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2018, 12:36:31 AM »
There are two round accessory knock-outs on the Versys dash (left and right).  The one on the left is intended for a 12 volt power socket which you can buy from Kawasaki ($$) or from various places online (cheaper).  The one on the right is for a gear indicator, also available as an OEM accessory or from the aftermarket (eBay).

In behind the one on the left, Kawasaki has thoughtfully provided a ground conductor and a switched ignition feed in the event that the owner wishes to install an accessory power socket.  I connected the ignition input for my Skene controller to that switched 12 volt wire because it was convenient.

Let me know if you have any other questions.  :002:

Darren

Recent Topics

waggish