Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: LED Upgrade on a V1 anybody?  (Read 3041 times)

Offline longdog

• Versys God
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
  • City / Town: Swansea
LED Upgrade on a V1 anybody?
« on: April 24, 2017, 05:11:54 PM »
Hi, there are a lot of good posts on here for LED upgrades on the newere V2, but I still have my trusty 2012 V1, so I was wondering if anyone has fitted over-the-counter LED "bulbs" for the dipped and main-beam of a V1, if so, what did you use, where did you get them and are you pleased with the results?
Titty bars aren't bad if you enjoy being sexually aroused without an outlet. Oh, and they're also convenient if you're in the mood for paying double the normal price for a drink. If I'm in the mood to be treated poorly while giving up large amounts of cash, I visit a BMW dealership

Offline Le ptit Quebec

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Paris
Re: LED Upgrade on a V1 anybody?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2017, 08:50:04 PM »
I install these on my V2. Why these? Because a an other biker installed them on his V1 and was overwlemed.  :152:

https://www.nighteyeled.com/products/copy-of-2x-h11-h8-h9-led-car-headlight-light-8000lm-50w-replace-bulb-beam-kit-6000k

Offline longdog

• Versys God
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2017, 10:33:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by Le ptit Quebec [+]
I install these on my V2. Why these? Because a an other biker installed them on his V1 and was overwlemed.  :152:

https://www.nighteyeled.com/products/copy-of-2x-h11-h8-h9-led-car-headlight-light-8000lm-50w-replace-bulb-beam-kit-6000k

WOW! That's pretty impressive and it's exactly what I am looking for!  :031:
Titty bars aren't bad if you enjoy being sexually aroused without an outlet. Oh, and they're also convenient if you're in the mood for paying double the normal price for a drink. If I'm in the mood to be treated poorly while giving up large amounts of cash, I visit a BMW dealership

Offline longdog

• Versys God
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2017, 04:50:16 PM »
I found these on ebay and they look like just what I'm after for my V1:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371714456856?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Offline Le ptit Quebec

• Versys Pro
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2017, 05:23:05 PM »
Watch out, the heat sink is round, and not oval like the H4 kit. You will have to check how to insert the clip that holds the bulb in the head light.

If the take down the headlights form the bike, you'll be able to work out a solution easily.

Offline Yox

• Versys God
  • Bike: V 1000
  • City / Town: Heathfield
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2017, 08:34:37 PM »
I am thinking of doing the same thing so watching this thread to see how it goes.  :028:
Those that live by the sword get shot by those that don't.

Offline longdog

• Versys God
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 11:16:02 PM »
Thanks Le ptit Quebec, I thought the V1s headlights were H7?

Offline Mikey

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: Ferndown
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 11:42:26 PM »

Offline Le ptit Quebec

• Versys Pro
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 06:24:39 AM »
*Originally Posted by longdog [+]
Thanks Le ptit Quebec, I thought the V1s headlights were H7?

They are, but when I get to the EBay page, the H4 shows the same heat sink that mi bulbs have.

Here is the model I ordered

Offline longdog

• Versys God
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2017, 05:39:40 PM »
I have found the H7 version with the exact same shaped heat sink as you advise, can I ask why the shape of the heatsink is important? Why oval and not the round fan assisted heat sink? Is it to do with the amount of room available?

Anyway, here is the link:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NIGHTEYE-8000LM-H7-LED-Headlight-Kit-Bulbs-Car-Fog-Light-Lamp-DRL-White-Beam-/252527873476?hash=item3acbd58dc4:g:1t8AAOSwc-tY2hYJ

Recent Topics