Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: LED Upgrade on a V1 anybody?  (Read 3065 times)

Offline longdog

• Versys God
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
  • City / Town: Swansea
Re: LED Upgrade on a V1 anybody?
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2017, 01:42:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by longdog [+]
I found these on ebay and they look like just what I'm after for my V1:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371714456856?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Well I have ordered these LED lamps. They are a little more powerful than the oval passive heat-sink type suggested by le ptit Quebec on here.

I checked the spec and these lamps are the same height as the other but the base is less than half the size, 35mm against 84mm wide for the oval heat sink type. Watch this space to see how I get on!
Titty bars aren't bad if you enjoy being sexually aroused without an outlet. Oh, and they're also convenient if you're in the mood for paying double the normal price for a drink. If I'm in the mood to be treated poorly while giving up large amounts of cash, I visit a BMW dealership

Offline Le ptit Quebec

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Paris
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2017, 07:25:47 PM »
Sorry for not replying before, I was away with 35 other bikers for a little week end.

The oval heat sink will allow you to use the OEM retaining clip for the bulb. I'm not sure the if the round heat sink is not to wide for the clip...

Offline longdog

• Versys God
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2017, 07:32:43 PM »
Hi le ptit Quebec, no problem, thanks for the answer, I hope that you enjoyed your weekend? Have you fitted your upgrade yet?
Titty bars aren't bad if you enjoy being sexually aroused without an outlet. Oh, and they're also convenient if you're in the mood for paying double the normal price for a drink. If I'm in the mood to be treated poorly while giving up large amounts of cash, I visit a BMW dealership

Offline Le ptit Quebec

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Paris
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2017, 10:04:16 PM »
Yep, the day before I left for two weeks on Corsiaca Island.

Result is just awesome. Pure white as the additional lights installed.

During this past week end, I was responsible to close a group of 10 bikes. The leader had no trouble to see me all the way behind the others.

Just one thing I needed to do, lower the beam cause is really bright for eh incoming traffic.

Offline christiancan

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: versys 1000 2013
  • City / Town: quebec
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2017, 01:31:37 PM »
Hi,

I am new to the forum. I want to replace my lights bulb on my Versys 1000 2013. Witch model is the best to choose for the low and this high in led.

?  NIGHTEYE A315 H7 8000LM 50W LED Car Headlight

thanks

Offline Scarecrow

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2013
  • City / Town: Prudhoe
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2017, 07:18:27 PM »
Hi Longdog
How did you get on with the replacement light. :question:

Offline longdog

• Versys God
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2017, 05:18:09 PM »

*Originally Posted by Scarecrow [+]
Hi Longdog
How did you get on with the replacement light. :question:

Hi scarecrow, I'm in Hamelin in Germany right now, on my Versys of course! I'm afraid I didn't get the opportunity to fit the NightEyes replacement before I left home yesterday but I will fit it and report back when I get back home in a weeks time.

Offline Scarecrow

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2013
  • City / Town: Prudhoe
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2017, 07:12:13 PM »
Any news on replacement bulbs yet :biker1:

Offline jeckgp

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 1000 V1
  • City / Town: Sydney
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2017, 01:01:08 AM »
Installed those ones on my V1K last week.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F172792521212

Took about 2 hours, I removed the headlight in order to get proper access to the bulbs following the instructions in the service manual.

It's all pretty straight forward, I only had to adapt a washer to the fork that clip the bulb in place to be sure the light won't shake once installed.

Results are great, the light is pure white and gives a fresher look to the bike.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena, Antrim
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2017, 09:37:08 AM »
*Originally Posted by jeckgp [+]
Installed those ones on my V1K last week.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F172792521212

Took about 2 hours, I removed the headlight in order to get proper access to the bulbs following the instructions in the service manual.

It's all pretty straight forward, I only had to adapt a washer to the fork that clip the bulb in place to be sure the light won't shake once installed.

Results are great, the light is pure white and gives a fresher look to the bike.

Hiya Jeck and welcome along...thanks for the heads up on the Lights conversion

Why not drop into the intro section and tell us a bit more about yourself....there are other Versys owners on here who may be nearby you    :028:    2
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Recent Topics

waggish