TYKE TYKE
10 Posts
Paul_Smith Paul_Smith
9 Posts
Rockdoc Rockdoc
6 Posts
PhillH
5 Posts

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart III  (Read 2783 times)

Offline peter73

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 Mk2
  • City / Town: Sofia
Re: Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart III
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2017, 11:46:34 AM »
Quick update on the RS3 at the end of their life (about 1 mm  left to the wear marks in the centre) - they still handle good, kept their round shape BUT lost significant amount of traction both when straight up and leaned n corners. I don't think they will make significantly more miles (if any) more kilometers than the Metz Rt01 I had before them. The Metz kept good traction until the end but got so thin even before they reached their wear marks that I had several punctures for no apparent reason in just few hundred kilometres.

I am considering Angel GT now but I am also tempted by the great prices on the Avon 3D XM (quite controversial opinions on those, though - both praise and hate).

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2017, 01:12:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by peter73 [+]
Quick update on the RS3 at the end of their life (about 1 mm  left to the wear marks in the centre) - they still handle good, kept their round shape BUT lost significant amount of traction both when straight up and leaned n corners. I don't think they will make significantly more miles (if any) more kilometers than the Metz Rt01 I had before them. The Metz kept good traction until the end but got so thin even before they reached their wear marks that I had several punctures for no apparent reason in just few hundred kilometres.

I am considering Angel GT now but I am also tempted by the great prices on the Avon 3D XM (quite controversial opinions on those, though - both praise and hate).
Peter,   As a lover of Avon 3D XMs, I can understand both the praise and hate. For what it's worth my opinion is, that if you are a sane person, ride normally and don't ride everywhere in a manic fashion, the 3Ds will be fine. Moreover, nothing will match them for mileage. All in all a very underrated tyre, and at the moment an absolute steal at £156 pounds a pair.

However, because the new Avon Viper has now taken over from the 3Ds, I thought I would give them a go, and so far after 2 thousand miles of everything that a British summer :008: :019: can throw at them, they have been just as confidence inspiring as the previous tyre. Excellent in the dry, zero scary moments in the wet. The jury is out on how well they last, but I would expect them to be as good as the 3Ds. All in all a great value for money(217 pounds a pair) tyre.
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Offline peter73

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 Mk2
  • City / Town: Sofia
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2017, 03:10:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
Peter,   As a lover of Avon 3D XMs, I can understand both the praise and hate. For what it's worth my opinion is, that if you are a sane person, ride normally and don't ride everywhere in a manic fashion, the 3Ds will be fine. Moreover, nothing will match them for mileage. All in all a very underrated tyre, and at the moment an absolute steal at £156 pounds a pair.

However, because the new Avon Viper has now taken over from the 3Ds, I thought I would give them a go, and so far after 2 thousand miles of everything that a British summer :008: :019: can throw at them, they have been just as confidence inspiring as the previous tyre. Excellent in the dry, zero scary moments in the wet. The jury is out on how well they last, but I would expect them to be as good as the 3Ds. All in all a great value for money(217 pounds a pair) tyre.

Thank you :-)

Recent Topics