Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What Exhaust?  (Read 4323 times)

Offline Domenic

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Roseville, CA
What Exhaust?
« on: May 14, 2017, 05:06:02 PM »
Just bought a new 2016 Versys 1KLT. Added a Givi trunk, helmet locks, mirror extenders, 12v plug, gear indicator etc.
Looking to replace the can with something less restrictive. Don't want anything too loud and since I'm 2-up quite a bit need something that won't burn the wife's shoes (my FJR liked her shoe's). Anyway Thank you in advance.

"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time."
Mark Twain

Offline tall-mike

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: versys 1000
  • City / Town: san diego
Re: What Exhaust?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 05:54:02 PM »
I was looking at the internet, and it stated ,that with todays modern motorcycles with their catalytic converters most of the muffling of noise is done before the exhaust reaches the end can. So just about any after market slip on will be sufficient. And welcome to the Forum :scooter:

Offline Domenic

• Versys Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 06:21:23 PM »
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time."
Mark Twain

Offline Floydsz1

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: Morecambe
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 08:46:35 PM »
When you take the can off, start the bike, you'll be surprised how quiet it is. So basically buy the can you like the look off, noise won't be a factor.

Offline woodman

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Versys1000
  • City / Town: Mountain Home
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2017, 09:00:52 PM »

Offline James

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2016 versys 1000
  • City / Town: Vancouver Wa
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 02:27:30 AM »
2 inch exhaust pipe 8 inches in length curved at 30 degrees painted back with high temp paint. 12 dollars from local exhaust shop and sound awesome along with a major weight decrease.

Offline Domenic

• Versys Member
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2017, 02:08:43 AM »
Ordered a Delkevic can for my bike.. Went to install and the pipe doesn't have the center stand bracket
like illustrated online. Hopefully they stand behind their products or I'm back to square one and out some cash.
Have a Great Weekend.
Mark Twain

Offline woodman

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Versys1000
  • City / Town: Mountain Home
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2017, 09:52:26 PM »
*Originally Posted by Domenic [+]
Ordered a Delkevic can for my bike.. Went to install and the pipe doesn't have the center stand bracket
like illustrated online. Hopefully they stand behind their products or I'm back to square one and out some cash.
Have a Great Weekend.
Did you order one for the right year bike? They may have sent you the mid pipe for a pre 2015 since those bikes did not have centerstands.

Offline Floydsz1

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: Morecambe
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2017, 10:16:33 PM »
I have a leo vince on mine and that doesn't have a bracket for the centre stand, the stand rests against the flat spot on the frame on the other side. Done 3,500 miles and it seems fine.

Offline GoodCleanFun

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 V1K LT
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2017, 10:58:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by Domenic [+]
Have a Great Weekend.

I purchased a Delkevic in 2015 and it came without the center stand bumper. Recently I contacted them directly (not through Amazon) and they sold me the pipe WITH the bumper bracket at cost.

In this older photo you can see that it is missing.

- Joe

“...don’t rust, bust, or collect dust.
Vents to atmosphere,
drains to the bilge and helps maintain a neutral pH.”

Recent Topics

waggish