Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Brake light strobe  (Read 2008 times)

Offline Justa_Poser

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Missouri, USA
Re: Brake light strobe
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 02:06:20 PM »
These lights are $10 each, delivered.  It says "from China" but I'm willing to bet that any other lights you buy are ALSO made in China.  They have a dozen or more selectable flash patterns, including steady.  Simply touch the extra wire to a 12V source to step thru them to find one that you like.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x4LED-Work-Vehicle-Grill-Strobe-Emergency-Warning-Side-net-light-Red-12-24V/232160734189?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
Here are a couple that I installed
Don't have an easy place to mount this light?  I get a piece of sheet metal and make it the size of the license plate, leaving a mounting tab on the bottom which is where the light gets mounted.  Drill four holes to mount the sheet metal behind the license place, and three in the tab to mount the light.  In this manner, the mounting plate disappears and all you see is the light.

:007:

« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 02:23:23 PM by Justa_Poser »
No matter where you go, there you are.

Offline vagrant

• Versys Pro
  • 15 candy Tangerine, 15 V7 Guzzi, 01 Guzzi Californ
  • Bike: 15 Orange
  • City / Town: Gainesville Ga.
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2017, 01:58:07 PM »
link says red but site says amber?
He is free who lives as he chooses
My people skills are just fine. It's my tolerance of idiots that needs work.
Why do I have to press one for English when you're just going to transfer me
to someone I can't understand anyway?

Offline davpag1

• Versys Pro
  • A Brit living abroad
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Cebu City
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2017, 02:12:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by Crosshairs [+]
$85.00 is downright  crazy though,...they are literally $5.00 shipped on eBay ...they serve the same purpose ..lifetime warranty is nice and all, but you could go through 10 of these and still be way ahead of the game
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GS-100A-Car-Truck-LED-Brake-Stop-Light-Flash-Strobe-Controller-Flasher-Module-/132274805784?hash=item1ecc315c18:g:WlUAAOSwXetZP5Oj&vxp=mtr

I would disagree with you slightly here. Yes the price is high but how many of you have bought handlebar risers at $70+ a pop without a quibble. Just because you can't visibly see the unit unlike the risers doesn't mean its worth is less. Just think of the R&D that has gone into the Viz unit.

Five years or more ago these kind of items weren't readily available on eBay etc. Also the manufacture of my unit is extremely high, and the company guarantee it for life.

I also buy items cheaply, but they don't give guarantees or service that I've received from this company, (see my original post).

Anyway hope my point is taken here. We all give different value to different items for our bikes.
If you ever make a trip to the Philippines, get in touch. I may need a courier for some bike items...:)

Offline Justa_Poser

• Versys Pro
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2017, 03:22:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by vagrant [+]
link says red but site says amber?

Yeah - be careful with that.  I always read the description several times.  It's EBay.  It's from a Chinese vendor.
WAS using the Whelen TIR3 lights - but they're now so popular that they raised the price to about $60 each.  That's when I went looking for alternatives and found these $10 lights.   We only have approx 6 months on three of them - but they are performing as they should.  VERY bright.

Try this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-LED-4W-Emergency-Vehicle-Side-Marker-Grille-Flash-Strobe-Light-Red-US-STOCK-/142214929104?hash=item211cab9ad0:g:LfUAAOSwKfVXF0Q2&vxp=mtr
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 03:27:38 PM by Justa_Poser »

Offline vagrant

• Versys Pro
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2017, 11:07:56 PM »
I have 2 Whelen lights also. for this price they are worth a try so I just ordered 2. free freight too.
thanks.

Offline Justa_Poser

• Versys Pro
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2017, 02:09:32 PM »
I have 2 Whelen lights also. for this price they are worth a try so I just ordered 2. free freight too.
thanks.

The wires are a bit thin on those lights - and there is no "snyc" wire.  But yes, 10 bucks is still a bargain.

Note that I've ordered from there three times - and each time it's taken about a month to get here.

Offline peter73

• Ex Member
  • Versys Master
  • Account Terminated
  • Bike: Versys 1000 Mk2
  • City / Town: Sofia
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2017, 03:34:34 PM »
*Originally Posted by davpag1 [+]
I would disagree with you slightly here. Yes the price is high but how many of you have bought handlebar risers at $70+ a pop without a quibble...

The unavailability of 2$ bar-risers may be the reason. Paying 85$ for something that costs cents to manufacture (including the on-chip electrical design and functionality) is ridiculous. As for the lifetime warranty - with these prices I'm not sure they'll exist long enough to provide this.

Offline vagrant

• Versys Pro
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2017, 12:32:18 AM »
thanks.

mine showed up today so a max of 7 days.
the wires don't need to be big there is almost no draw.

Recent Topics