Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Givi Trekker Luggage  (Read 1240 times)

Online markymark11

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Black V1K - 2016
  • City / Town: Basingstoke
Givi Trekker Luggage
« on: July 24, 2017, 05:54:05 PM »
Went on a trip 2 weeks ago to Germany and just couldn't get everything in the standard 28 litre panniers so I reverted to my trusty dry bag.
I found the oem pannier liners are half the depth of the pannier and no amount of stuffing would get everything in them.  :013:

I have now purchased a set of Givi Trekker panniers in black and put the same amount of kit in that was in the bag, but with space to spare. Doesn't add to the width of the bike and because they are quick release there are no brackets to speak of at the rear, a small one by the rear pegs and one just below the indicator - so a good solution me thinks  :2:

They are 2 x TRK33B -33 litre side panniers and a TRK46B - 46 litre topbox all monokey and a PLR4113 frame kit - total cost £839 plus £90 for liners.

The original panniers and top box are fairly close in volume but the shape doesn't help. There is a company already advertising aftermarket liners on ebay that I was in touch with before I went away. She is going to manufacture double size standard pannier liners as the normal ones are only half the depth of the panniers.  They will be on ebay in a month or so.  :002:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 05:55:40 PM by markymark11 »
you can't teach a pig to sing...it's a waste of time and it annoys the pig !

Offline Floydsz1

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: Morecambe
Re: Givi Trekker Luggage
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 08:13:23 PM »
Would be interested in some bigger liners for the standard panniers, just back from Ireland and while the bags were fairly full,I thought I'd leave my waterproofs, bike pants,etc in a pannier so I could just carry them up to my cabin on the boat ready to change into in the morning for the ride home. There was loads of room between the bag and the pannier lid. For some strange reason I never noticed it before.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena, Antrim
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 09:25:13 PM »
The standard panniers are in my opinion poor, the Trekkers that you have fitted look great and obviously provide much more usable space.

Good job, and the panniers and top box look great  :028:   
You preach what you need to hear

Roger (Rog)

Offline Floydsz1

• Versys Pro
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 09:52:24 PM »
I like the trekkers, especially how you can just open half the pannier lid, I used it to store water bottles in so it was easy to get at for a drink. .
Have you a picture of the bike without the pannier fitted so I can see the brackets. That's the reason I like my v1, looks good without the panniers (no brackets).

Offline Floydsz1

• Versys Pro
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 09:57:46 PM »
Was just wondering if you could get the ignition key to fit the trekkers, then only one key.

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: KLZ1000, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 10:44:13 PM »
I use heavy 2mil trash bags for liners. The OEM side cases can be jammed full with those. It looks like you are carrying garbage into the motel room, but who cares? Not me!  :biker2:

Online markymark11

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Black V1K - 2016
  • City / Town: Basingstoke
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2017, 08:19:53 AM »
Not sure about ignition key - the barrel looks very different but I am getting the Givi SL103 set which I believe means just 1 key for all 3 boxes.
you can't teach a pig to sing...it's a waste of time and it annoys the pig !

Offline fear_factory84

• Versys Member
  • Bike: versys 1000 2017
  • City / Town: Rome, Italy
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2017, 10:25:16 AM »
I have already two Kappa garda 33 panniers (very similar to the trekker 33 side bags in the photo) but since my V1K is the 2017 model and kawasaki moved the seat key where the plr4113 mounts stay... I have to wait mr. Givi to make the PLR4120 mounts......
Hopefully I should get them in the next week, or at least that's what they said. This is my hope...

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena, Antrim
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2017, 12:08:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by fear_factory84 [+]
I have already two Kappa garda 33 panniers (very similar to the trekker 33 side bags in the photo) but since my V1K is the 2017 model and kawasaki moved the seat key where the plr4113 mounts stay... I have to wait mr. Givi to make the PLR4120 mounts......
Hopefully I should get them in the next week, or at least that's what they said. This is my hope...

would you please provide images when they arrive, and maybe let us know how easy they were to fit  :question:   thanks  :002: 
You preach what you need to hear

Roger (Rog)

Offline fear_factory84

• Versys Member
  • Bike: versys 1000 2017
  • City / Town: Rome, Italy
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 04:38:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
would you please provide images when they arrive, and maybe let us know how easy they were to fit  :question:   thanks  :002:

You can find some photos here:

https://goo.gl/photos/yrR7KxwCRDGda8uaA

Recent Topics