Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Givi Trekker Luggage  (Read 1241 times)

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena, Antrim
Re: Givi Trekker Luggage
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 05:32:59 PM »
Thanks...great cases and bigger than Kawasaki Versys GT OEM option  :028:   

The quick release mountings look very strong
You preach what you need to hear

Roger (Rog)

Offline Kryton

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Gen 2 V1K
  • City / Town: Brighton
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2017, 06:10:11 PM »
I moaned at Givi for ages about changing the brackets. They first denied there was an issue until I showed them what i had to do to get the 2015/16 frames to fit on the 2017 model, which they do, but only with serious modification. I'd like to think I had some part in getting them to change the bracket, as they continued selling the frames without ever saying they wouldn't fit the 2017 model. Future discussion they sadly ignored. It's a shame they are such a***holes to talk to, as they make the best luggage out there imho.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid" - Benjamin Franklin

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2017, 09:09:43 AM »
*Originally Posted by Kryton [+]
I moaned at Givi for ages about changing the brackets. They first denied there was an issue until I showed them what i had to do to get the 2015/16 frames to fit on the 2017 model, which they do, but only with serious modification. I'd like to think I had some part in getting them to change the bracket, as they continued selling the frames without ever saying they wouldn't fit the 2017 model. Future discussion they sadly ignored. It's a shame they are such a***holes to talk to, as they make the best luggage out there imho.

I must agree, in my experience Givi haven't been very good when contacted...I also agree Kryton...their products are generally excellent 

Roger (Rog)

Offline fear_factory84

• Versys Member
  • Bike: versys 1000 2017
  • City / Town: Rome, Italy
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2017, 10:54:20 AM »
*Originally Posted by Kryton [+]

I talked on facebook with another Italian v1k '17 owner that modified on February the PLX mounts for the '16 model. Givi told him that they would have released an updated version. Perhaps, as far as I know there is no PLX mounts (for the V35 side bags) for the '17 model.... just the PLR, the one I have.

Another info that may be useful for other Italians and possibly EU owners.. the PLR4120 + Kappa garda 33 are 99cm wide, so they are under the 1m legal limit (at least for the Italian road rules). The original side bags should be 101cm as written in the vehicle registration document.

Offline doc

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: versys 1000
  • City / Town: Huddersfield
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2017, 03:45:14 AM »
Very happy with my luggage set up.Side panniers are the givi dolomitI. Lot more spacious and easier to load up with the top opener.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 03:48:01 AM by doc »

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2017, 07:28:18 AM »
If I was touring more regularly I would go for this option  :123A:   

Roger (Rog)

Offline stlee29

• Versys Master
  • Good rides.....
  • Bike: V1K 2013
  • City / Town: Penang
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 10:36:07 AM »
Givi makes top notch cases. Using Kappa 33 which is quality alternative. The 2015 V oem side cases look slick but think the square cases offer more baggage space.

Nice thing about this square boxes, the look pretty good as a topbox too.
This is a bloody great Bike....!

My V1K Blog: https://www.versys1000.com/index.php/topic,12733.0.html

Recent Topics