Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Single cable from battery to power all.  (Read 1458 times)

Offline vvlatko

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 1000
Re: Single cable from battery to power all.
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2018, 02:21:41 PM »
OEM wiring has 2 switched connections (12V outlet and heated grips). Unless you want to add second 12V plug, horn, dedicated GPS wiring or who knows what else.

My thought was actually the same, one fuseblock (DIY) as the wiring is THAT easy, mount it somewhere safe under the side plastics, and run one wire from the battery. Everyone is doing it, just putting the fuseblock under the seat and running wires to everywhere. That makes sense if you run heated clothing only, otherwise forward mount means less wires back and forth.

Offline Theov39

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: V1000 maybe!
  • City / Town: Sydney
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2018, 12:58:13 PM »
Can those spare connections (power outlet and heated grips) be used for anything? (eg TWO power outlets). Is the wiring already at the front of the bike?

Thank you!

Offline Crosshairs

• Versys Master
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: East Coast
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2018, 01:08:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by Theov39 [+]
Can those spare connections (power outlet and heated grips) be used for anything? (eg TWO power outlets). Is the wiring already at the front of the bike?

Thank you!

Yes, they can be used for anything provided you stay within what the circuit is fused for , and yes, the wiring is already at the front of the bike

Offline DanielJ

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: Carrigaline
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2018, 01:58:19 PM »
Just completed running a double wire on the left from battery to the front to power the following:-
1. GPS.
2. Double USB power point.
3. Heated Grips
I may consider DRL's etc..
I left their own fuses on each line using a ordinary double elect connecter, one for pos and the other negative. All wiring taped up and cable tied to frame. I am still considering fuze box or power hud.
I'll keep looking around and as I'm going to New York in April i may find what i need there.
Very neat job I must say.

DanielJ

Recent Topics