Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Kaoko Throttle Control  (Read 1623 times)

Offline CaptainAdventure

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2015 V1000
  • City / Town: Pittsburgh
Kaoko Throttle Control
« on: September 02, 2017, 01:54:24 PM »
Does anyone know if Kayoko makes a throttle control for the V1K?  I've been using a plastic Go Cruse style device but don't really like it.  Feels wimpy.  I like the looks and reported function of the Kayoko.  Any feedback is appreciated. 

Offline Nighthawk

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Washington State
Re: Kaoko Throttle Control
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 04:24:03 PM »
Here it is for the V1K but all the sites state out of stock and/or no longer available in the U.S.  I had this version for a year and sold it after installing electronic cruise control.  Found it to be a little cumbersome to use.
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/kaoko-throttle-lock-cruise-control-kawasaki-versys-1000-12

Offline Motor_psycho

• Versys Member
  • Bike: V1000 2015
  • City / Town: Petoskey,MI
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 04:38:37 PM »
I just got an email from Twisted that the model KAW 200 is in stock for 137 USD (ouch).

Marisa here with Twisted Throttle.

The part you requested from Kaoko can be found here:
http://www.twistedthrottle.com/kaoko-throttle-lock-cruise-control-kawasaki-ninja-650r-er6n-versys-650-klr650e-08-zx12-zx14-gtr1400-concours

There are 2 models, one for the stock hand grips and another for the BarkBuster storm model.

I came across this article in WebbikeWorld about fitting a Kaoko on the Versys 1000

http://www.webbikeworld.com/t2/kaoko-throttle-control/kawasaki-versys/

I also find the GoCruise a bit lacking but am hesitant to spend the big bucks as the throttle cramp-buster seems to be doing the job.

I'm finding the sooooooth motor is helping with my awful tunnel syndrome arthritic 30 years as a mechanic hands numbness. (Whinging alarm! :125: :125: :125:)
 Damn hand tingle and go numb every night when I'm sleeping......

Note_ prior to springing for the Kaoko I'm going to give the Caterpillar O-ring hack a try-

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/generic-caterpillar-cruise-control-o-ring.85489/

Offline Canit

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: V1K LT
  • City / Town: Menasha, WI
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 03:46:38 PM »
I had a Kaoko on my KLR 650 but didn't like it.  Too cumbersome.  I now have an Omni-Cruise.  It's bullet proof and simple.
http://www.omni-cruise.com
2008 Ninja 250
2009 KLR 650
2015 Versys 1000 LT

Offline Ciboney

• Versys Pro
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 10:10:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by CaptainAdventure [+]
Does anyone know if Kayoko makes a throttle control for the V1K?  I've been using a plastic Go Cruse style device but don't really like it.  Feels wimpy.  I like the looks and reported function of the Kayoko.  Any feedback is appreciated.

I installed one on my 2015 and removed it since I found it quite cumbersome to use. It works by twisting the unit until it applies enough pressure to the outside of your grip to hold it in place. To be fair, I do have after market grips and that could make a difference.  Maybe it works better with the stock grips. The problem is that I would have to turn it with my left hand since it takes several turns to reach the engagement point.  I guess if you ride with it partially engaged it would work like they say,  but that would be extremely dangerous considering the throttle will not fully snap closed upon release.
Old guys are still fast, when they want to be.

Offline Bsd7465

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Gs1200 Adv
  • City / Town: George
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 11:27:59 AM »
I fitted the Kaoko on my Gs800, works very well, you just need to tweek it so it just holds the throttle open and no more.  Once used to it you can adjust it with the pinkie on your right hand.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena, Antrim
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 11:53:04 AM »
I have one here that I purchased for my Kawasaki GTR it was a used one but in good condition, I think it would fit a Versys

I have never used it and no longer need it for my Versys .......I would sell it if anyone is interested 40.00 posted to U.K    :028:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Dannyboy1949

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Medford, Oregon
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2017, 12:32:07 AM »
I tried a version of the Omni-Cruise and it drove me crazy. I just installed the Kaoko but haven't had a chance to try it out.

What really bothered me about the Omni (type) is that I could adjust the speed to be slower buy simply twisting the throttle, but to increase speed or hold speed on a hill the Omni has to be reset each time. The Pacific Northwest is mountainous and going up and down hills is a constant process. This wouldn't be the same kind of problem on flat land.

Who knows, the Kaoko may be a pain in the behind to me as well(?) It is definitely a quality unit though and I hope to like it as much as many others have reported. The Kaw-200 is what fits the Versys.
I used to do self deprecating humor, but I wasn't very good at it.

Offline tall-mike

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: versys 1000
  • City / Town: san diego
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2018, 10:04:05 PM »
I keep mine fully engaged at all times, All spring tension disappears and throttle is easy to manipulate on and off.Hand no longer goes numb. I definitely give it a thumbs up. Makes my rides a lot more enjoyable.

Offline CaptainAdventure

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2015 V1000
  • City / Town: Pittsburgh
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2018, 11:50:28 PM »
I bought one and used it last week on a trip to the Finger Lakes.  Really like it. 

If you're getting one, make sure you order a Kawasaki Type A.    Revzilla gave me fits about returning the first one I ordered that their site recommended for the V.  Took a month but got it all worked out.  Now that it's on, I wish I bought it a while ago.   

Recent Topics

waggish