Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: T-Rex Racing Frame Sliders ~ Any one using them?  (Read 1089 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Rmplstlskn

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 57
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Charlottesville, VA
  • Country: us
T-Rex Racing Frame Sliders ~ Any one using them?
« on: September 26, 2017, 09:39:56 PM »
Looking to protect the new 2016 Versys 1000 without the big $$$ Kawasaki slider expense.

Anyone use or have experience with the T-Rex Racing frame sliders as sold on eBay?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-Rex-Racing-2015-2017-Kawasaki-Versys-1000-LT-Frame-Sliders-/231927531989?fits=Model%3AVersys+1000&hash=item35fff549d5:g:0OMAAOSwaG9XInU3&vxp=mtr

They look nice! Especially the GREEN one...

Rmpl

Offline weljo2001

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1174
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Norwalk,CA
  • Country: us
Re: T-Rex Racing Frame Sliders ~ Any one using them?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 10:23:43 PM »
I have them and they work well...
I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Offline Huckleberry

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 116
  • Bike: 2016 V1
  • City / Town: Portland, OR
  • Country: us
Re: T-Rex Racing Frame Sliders ~ Any one using them?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 10:32:41 PM »
I have them as well.  Luckily, I have yet to ops check them yet, but seem to be good quality at an attractive price.
I've rarely gotten in hot water over something I didn't say.

Dave

Offline Rmplstlskn

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 57
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Charlottesville, VA
  • Country: us
Re: T-Rex Racing Frame Sliders ~ Any one using them?
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 01:31:19 PM »
Just ordered them! In GREEN, of course. I am familiar with that poly material and it is indeed tough and soft enough to not crack or fracture.

Rmpl  :biker1:

Offline weljo2001

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1174
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Norwalk,CA
  • Country: us
Re: T-Rex Racing Frame Sliders ~ Any one using them?
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 05:30:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rmplstlskn [+]
Just ordered them! In GREEN, of course. I am familiar with that poly material and it is indeed tough and soft enough to not crack or fracture.

Rmpl  :biker1:


2 things....The right side for the sliders use the longest bolt &  To get the pucks even when you tighten the bolt take a crescent wrench and hold the part where the puck slips on.

















































I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Offline Rmplstlskn

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 57
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Charlottesville, VA
  • Country: us
Re: T-Rex Racing Frame Sliders ~ Any one using them?
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2017, 11:07:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by weljo2001 [+]
2 things....The right side for the sliders use the longest bolt &  To get the pucks even when you tighten the bolt take a crescent wrench and hold the part where the puck slips on.

I'm suspecting that they updated their part, as there is a poly block that is bolted to the aluminum bar stock. Cool engineering! That poly spacer block does add some bend resistance to the bolt by just squeezing in between the round frame bar and the aluminum bar stock mount, essentially creating a WEDGE support. It also keeps the rectangular aluminum bar mount from turning when you tighten down the bolt. The puck then slides on the aluminum bar and a bolt underneath holds it on. Very slick design! Impressed!

And the puck in green looks very nice on my Green Goblin! (using stock pictures as my garage is not a good photo studio)

Also, both bolts, R & L, were the same size on my 2016, both Kawasaki and the T-Rex pucks.



« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 11:08:40 PM by Rmplstlskn »

Offline weljo2001

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1174
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Norwalk,CA
  • Country: us
Re: T-Rex Racing Frame Sliders ~ Any one using them?
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2017, 11:55:16 PM »
*Originally Posted by Rmplstlskn [+]
I'm suspecting that they updated their part, as there is a poly block that is bolted to the aluminum bar stock. Cool engineering! That poly spacer block does add some bend resistance to the bolt by just squeezing in between the round frame bar and the aluminum bar stock mount, essentially creating a WEDGE support. It also keeps the rectangular aluminum bar mount from turning when you tighten down the bolt. The puck then slides on the aluminum bar and a bolt underneath holds it on. Very slick design! Impressed!

And the puck in green looks very nice on my Green Goblin! (using stock pictures as my garage is not a good photo studio)

Also, both bolts, R & L, were the same size on my 2016, both Kawasaki and the T-Rex pucks.








P1010700 by weljo2001, on Flickr
I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Offline Rmplstlskn

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 57
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Charlottesville, VA
  • Country: us
Re: T-Rex Racing Frame Sliders ~ Any one using them?
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2017, 05:17:40 AM »
Well, hmmm... Not sure what they are shipping out, but everything bolted up tight. Long or short...

Rmpl

Offline mark f1

  • Versys Member
  • **
  • Posts: 13
  • Bike: Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Lexington
  • Country: us
Re: T-Rex Racing Frame Sliders ~ Any one using them?
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2017, 02:39:43 AM »
Received and installed mine, was two different lengths. Lower bodywork does seem to be rubbing a little on the plastic mount.

Offline weljo2001

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1174
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Norwalk,CA
  • Country: us
Re: T-Rex Racing Frame Sliders ~ Any one using them?
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 02:51:30 AM »
*Originally Posted by mark f1 [+]
Received and installed mine, was two different lengths. Lower bodywork does seem to be rubbing a little on the plastic mount.



No issues with mine...

Versys 1000 Moto Werk's Goodies by weljo2001, on Flickr
I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

 



Recent Topics


waggish