Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: waterproof gloves  (Read 1593 times)

Online doc

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: versys 1000
  • City / Town: Huddersfield
waterproof gloves
« on: October 02, 2017, 10:52:02 AM »
What waterproof gloves are you using ? Don't mind paying for a decent pair.

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
Re: waterproof gloves
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 12:42:41 PM »
Any make, but Gore-tex will be your friend.  If it just says waterproof, it will be waterproof, but not for long. If it says Gore-tex it will be waterproof totally, and for all day.    Mine are Bering. :152:
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Offline TowerMan

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 650
  • City / Town: Biggar.
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 01:32:35 PM »
What I have allways wanted was waterproof summer Gore-Tex gloves. Up to beginning of last year all the Gore-Tex gloves were too heavily padded or too warm. i.e. winter weight  :125: :157:

However in 2015/16, Richa brought out the Hurricane Gore-Tex glove, which is unlined and I find them perfect even in +20 deg C when raining  :123A:

Richard  :001:
  and the  on www.versys.co.uk              

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena, Co Antrim
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 02:36:31 PM »
http://www.getgeared.co.uk/held_motorcycle_gloves_air_n_dry_blk_gtx 

Brilliant year round gloves...shop around, you may find  a better deal than this one
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline flatfour

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys GT
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 04:26:08 PM »
I use the Held Air n' Dry, to save the need to take two pairs of gloves when touring. Perfect in over a year's use except in the hottest of weather, when the ventilation is not as good as ventilated summer only gloves.

Offline Paul_Smith

• Versys God
  • Bike: V1K 2016 Black
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 12:00:34 PM »
Just bought a pair of AlpineStar Apex Drystar which I should have by the end of the week.

Online Crosshairs

• Versys Master
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 12:18:42 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul_Smith [+]
Just bought a pair of AlpineStar Apex Drystar which I should have by the end of the week.

I dont think you are going to be happy with them. I have a pair and did 400 miles in the rain on Monday, and they were soaked through by 200 miles.

I've had them about a  year now and this is the first time they have leaked, but it's also the first time I've worn them for more than 100 miles.
.....all total, I may have worn them 5 times 

Offline saddlebag

• Versys Master
  • Bike: V1K
  • City / Town: Ohiya
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 01:03:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul_Smith [+]

I recently got some of those too. Haven't ridden with them in the rain yet. I have a pair of Firstgear that have their own waterproof barrier like Gortex and they are very waterproof. Have their pants too and I've not been let down yet.

Offline Ireland

• Versys Member
  • City / Town: Co. Wicklow
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 02:31:10 PM »
My two cents worth... I don't bother with waterproof gloves any more. I find them to thick and restrictive. I use summer gloves all year round, in winter with silk innergloves if needs be. The hand guards and grip heating do their job mostly and if my hands get wet, at least the water is warm....

Offline Paul_Smith

• Versys God
  • Bike: V1K 2016 Black
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 01:08:02 AM »
*Originally Posted by Crosshairs [+]
I dont think you are going to be happy with them. I have a pair and did 400 miles in the rain on Monday, and they were soaked through by 200 miles.

I've had them about a  year now and this is the first time they have leaked, but it's also the first time I've worn them for more than 100 miles.
.....all total, I may have worn them 5 times
Wow! You got 200 miles before they leaked! That is 100 miles further the the best pair of 'waterproof' gloves I have ever owned!
That said, I am not above cheating when needs must. A pair of the plastic over gloves you get at the diesel pumps of posher petrol stations worn over the bike gloves usually get me to my destination in bad weather. That said, a bad forecast means I usually carry more then one pair of gloves.

My first impressions of the Alpinestars (one 15 mile journey in the dry) - They feel nicely made but a little tight.   

Recent Topics

waggish