Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Tail tidy Question...  (Read 615 times)

Offline Marco641

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000, VFR800
  • City / Town: Rainton
Tail tidy Question...
« on: October 21, 2017, 10:49:47 PM »
Has anyone fitted a tail tidy on a bike with integrated luggage rails and been able to mount the stock indicators? :notsure:

Offline Ciboney

• Versys Pro
Re: Tail tidy Question...
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 11:19:58 PM »
The tail tidy for our bikes does not interfere at all with the turn signals.
Old guys are still fast, when they want to be.

Online Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: KLZ1000, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 12:44:41 AM »
To me the bike would look fine and stay cleaner if it came with a tail tidy and the fender attached to the swingarm coming on back to the 9:30 or 10:00 position at the rear of the tire. That shorty back fender is a pure looks before function decision. A lot of water & mud gets thrown up and forward.  :151:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline Hades

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Petaling Jaya
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 01:09:33 AM »
Thats why I fabricated a rear fender extender. Clearly the stock ones are just for aesthetics.

Online Sonny

• Versys God
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 01:20:38 AM »
Yes, aren't you the guy that made up a fender extender out of a cracker tin or something similar? I remember it from earlier in the year. It didn't look great but it looked like it would do the job.
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline Hades

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Petaling Jaya
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 06:28:46 AM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
Yes, aren't you the guy that made up a fender extender out of a cracker tin or something similar? I remember it from earlier in the year. It didn't look great but it looked like it would do the job.
Yes thays me. LOL.. Yeah its an amateur job but its functional. It saves me the heartache of seeing my bike full of sand/mud and dirt on the undersides. The cracker tin didnt work out well, the aluminum was too thin. Now its a proper aluminum sheet and its doing well. Well, at least found one way not to do it. :)
Cheers.

Online Sonny

• Versys God
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2017, 01:43:35 PM »
I am sure it's a big help in your rainy part of the world...  :028:

Recent Topics