Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Versys 1000 add-on questions  (Read 643 times)

Offline CuddyBuddy

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Brighton
Versys 1000 add-on questions
« on: October 25, 2017, 03:32:12 PM »
Long time Gold Winger here, later this week excited to be picking up a new-to-me 2012 Versys 1000 with 13,000 kms on it.  I an NOT trying to duplicate my Wing, but there are some add-ons I'm interested in.  Asking those of you who know the Versys 1000 for some suggestions.

* Best throttle control?  (I've read about Omni-cruise and Kaoko)
* Best centre stand?  (I've read about SW-motech)
* Best TPMS? (I've used Doran with great success)
* Best gear indicator?  (I've used Healtech with great success)
* Best heated hand grips?

Thanks in advance!
Paul
2012 Versys 1000
2004 Gold Wing 1800

Online vincentder

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: versys 1000 gt
  • City / Town: Zoetermeer
Re: Versys 1000 add-on questions
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 06:21:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by CuddyBuddy [+]
Long time Gold Winger here, later this week excited to be picking up a new-to-me 2012 Versys 1000 with 13,000 kms on it.  I an NOT trying to duplicate my Wing, but there are some add-ons I'm interested in.  Asking those of you who know the Versys 1000 for some suggestions.

* Best throttle control?  (I've read about Omni-cruise and Kaoko)
* Best centre stand?  (I've read about SW-motech)
* Best TPMS? (I've used Doran with great success)
* Best gear indicator?  (I've used Healtech with great success)
* Best heated hand grips?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome cb

*have seen the koako control come by once or twice, know that they can work with the bark buster handguards (not sure if you opt for handguards though)
*I got the Sw motech, never regretted it. Works well and fairly easy to get on the stand too.
*TPMS.... Don't know, I'm not a woman  :whistle:.... Or is it Temporary parked motorcycle syndrome, seem to get that during winters :006:? But seriously, I have no experience. Almost had the Garmin Zumo addition once... but went for the tomtom without that option.
*No experience, although from what I've read there are some quite cheap chinese knock offs that seem to work fine. (need clutch out to work by the way)
*I've got the Oxford heated grips, very happy with them. Al lot here have them, and think I've heard no complaints yet. Not sure if they might interfere with your throttle lock though.

Good luck on the farkling!

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena, Antrim
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 08:07:04 PM »
You seem to have answered your questions very well.

Regarding heated grips I would recommend Oxford touring, and from what others have said don't choose Kawasaki heated grips as they apparently do not function very well, but that's not something I can confirm.

Perhaps you should consider a radiator guard and front fender extender.

Good luck.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Roger (Rog)

Offline CuddyBuddy

• Versys Pro
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2017, 10:21:01 PM »
Thanks Tyke.  The bike has a radiator guard.  And good suggestion on the front fender extender.  I've got a one on my Wing, which I like.
Paul
2012 Versys 1000
2004 Gold Wing 1800

Offline CuddyBuddy

• Versys Pro
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2017, 10:23:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by vincentder [+]
Welcome cb

*have seen the koako control come by once or twice, know that they can work with the bark buster handguards (not sure if you opt for handguards though)
*I got the Sw motech, never regretted it. Works well and fairly easy to get on the stand too.
*TPMS.... Don't know, I'm not a woman  :whistle:.... Or is it Temporary parked motorcycle syndrome, seem to get that during winters :006:? But seriously, I have no experience. Almost had the Garmin Zumo addition once... but went for the tomtom without that option.
*No experience, although from what I've read there are some quite cheap chinese knock offs that seem to work fine. (need clutch out to work by the way)
*I've got the Oxford heated grips, very happy with them. Al lot here have them, and think I've heard no complaints yet. Not sure if they might interfere with your throttle lock though.

Good luck on the farkling!

Thanks Vince.
Paul
2012 Versys 1000
2004 Gold Wing 1800

Offline CuddyBuddy

• Versys Pro
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2017, 09:40:45 PM »
With the help of fellow forum members, I was able to choose and install various add-ons for my new-to-me 2012 V1000:

-Barkbuster handguards with LED turn signals
-GIVI brake lights
-SW-Motech centre stand
-Front fender extension
-Gear indicator (0 means neutral)
-SW-Motech Vibration-Damped Quick Release GPS Holder
-Koso heated grips (shown with Grip Puppies)

The bike already engine guards and a radiator guard.  Still to add are tank bag, highway pegs, CB (maybe) and back rest (maybe).

Thanks everybody for your input.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 10:06:13 PM by CuddyBuddy »
Paul
2012 Versys 1000
2004 Gold Wing 1800

Recent Topics