Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2017 gets smoother and smoother! Love this Versys!  (Read 921 times)

Offline SWRapp

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2017 VERSYS 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Milton GA
2017 gets smoother and smoother! Love this Versys!
« on: November 04, 2017, 01:12:51 AM »
Have about 2,400 miles now on the 2017 Versys 1000LT. Loving it more and more every day. Getting smoother the more it breaks in I have noticed. All aspects of the bike seem smoother.

I can commute everyday to work on this bike - great in Atlanta traffic. Light yet quick. High with great visibility. Also, seems to be weighted evenly with great center of gravity when stopped in traffic.

Highway? Can do highway all day long - 80 mph. Stable and glued to the road. Downshift into 4 or 5 and it's a rocket to pass. Love the howl of the motor when you get up in the 5-7K RPM range. What a rush. I run F 2 mainly all the time on pavement.

Went up into some fire trails today for fall colors. Great on the trails - toned down to a soft L2 which was perfect. Attached are some pics. Up in North Georgia mountains - no cell - nothing but occasional deer and squirrels and beautiful fall colors.

Just love this Kawasaki more and more as I ride it. What a great machine that does everything! Great job Kawasaki!
PREVIOUS -1970 Terra Mini Bike /1973 Yamaha YZ 80 / 1974 Hodaka Combat Wombat / 1975 Yamaha YZ 250 / 1976 Yamaha YZ 360 / 2002 Suzuki Volusia VL800  / 2014 Honda CTX1300 / CURRENTLY RIDE  - * 2017 Kawasaki Versys 1000 LT / * 2017 Yamaha FJR1300ES

Online Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
Re: 2017 gets smoother and smoother! Love this Versys!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 04:23:07 AM »
The engine definitely breaks in and smooths out. The first 1000 miles or so on my new '15, the engine was perfectly willing to rev, but it felt tight and strained at higher rpms. Since then it feels much slipperier and more willing to go up the tach and it is more settled at higher rpms... I don't feel like I'm forcing it to do something it would prefer not to do. Things are freed up and ready to go, whatever is asked of it. That kind of flexibility makes the gear spacing make more sense, and it makes me appreciate even more what an amazing engine it is.  :1:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2017, 05:46:52 AM »
I agree with both posts, I think it's true that all new bikes improve as they 'bed in' and the Versys 1000 is certainly no exception. Some bikes take longer to bed in and stay tight for longer but the very flexible and forgiving nature of the Versys 1000 make it a joy to own and ride.

Lovely Autumnal pictures  BTW  SWRapp thanks for sharing   :002:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Bart

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: West Wales
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2017, 01:12:34 PM »
+1 also agree with you guys.
I bought my 15 V only a few weeks ago with just over 2K miles on the clock but during a 2500 mile trip round Spain it did seem to get smoother and a bit loser. I recall when I bought my 99 Fireblade new it took almost 10k miles to fully loosen up, I still have it 18 years later,  it now has 65K miles on it and still runs beautifully and has been totally reliable.
I'm looking forward to an equally great long term relationship with the big V.

Online Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2017, 03:17:31 PM »
My 5 previous bikes were all well used when I got them -- this is my first one acquired with 0 on the odometer and the break-in changes are very impressive. I'm sure it is all to be expected with the folks who have been breaking in new rides for years, but for me the transformation is really gratifying.

There's also the factor that while you're breaking a new bike in you're also gaining familiarity with the way it wants to be ridden and refining your technique. But the smoothing out is dramatic to a new bike newbie.  :028:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Recent Topics