Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Quick Intro  (Read 836 times)

Offline DwordN

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: North Carolina
Quick Intro
« on: November 08, 2017, 07:55:39 PM »
Hello! Hope all is well with everyone!  I have viewed several forum questions and responses over the last couple months, and I'd like to just say THANK YOU to the many that have taken the time to ask questions and to those who have replied with some excellent information.  I have been riding cruiser style motorcycles for nearly 20 years and recently became completely entranced with the sport adventure bikes after a visit to the Italian Alps.  A month after our return, and through some intense research, I am very happy to be an owner of a 2016 Versys 1000.  I look forward to sharing what I've done to modify my new bike (in a very short period of time) and to hear more about your experiences as well.

Cheers! Prost!         

Online Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2015 KLZ1000, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
Re: Quick Intro
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 08:18:42 PM »
Welcome, Dword.  :031:

I came from a Vulcan 900 Classic last December. Well, I kept the Vulcan and added the V1K. I dearly love both rides for their distinct personalities, but I think you have prob. already found the Versys to be an amazing machine indeed. Enjoy every mile sir.  :123A:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline DwordN

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 08:29:23 PM »
Thanks Sonny -

Had a Shadow Ace Deluxe then bumped up to a Vulcan Nomad 1700.  Loved riding both and still have the Nomad, but with the V1K being nearly 300lbs lighter and quite a bit more nimble in the curves, I am in a whole new dimension now.  Typically ride two up as well and having the blessing of my wife on passing the comfort test, we will be loving the Versys for many adventures to come. 

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 09:10:30 PM »
 :185: to the forum Dword. You are one of many to fall in love with the big V, especially riders from your side of the puddle. It is indeed a great bike, a fantastic real world, and jack of all trades machine.

You will find the Versys bomb reliable, comfortable for both rider and pillion, With a peach of an engine that is a joy to use.

I wish you and your good lady many happy miles aboard your new bike, and hope that you enjoy your time with members of this forum, and your new bike.

Regards   :031:  Geoff. :152:

If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Online weljo2001

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Norwalk,CA
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 09:33:21 PM »
 :185:
I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Online Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2015 KLZ1000, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 09:42:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by DwordN [+]
Had a Shadow Ace Deluxe then bumped up to a Vulcan Nomad 1700. 

Liking the VN900 and the Kawasaki brand so much, I was very close to pulling the trigger on a mint lo-miles matte Black & White Nomad before deciding to pursue a Versys 1K. The Nomad was a beautiful bike with a Mustang seat and some other pricey farkles. Its price was a bargain but what gave me pause was the weight and the fact that a few too many people told me the VN1700s had a problem with marginal engine cooling and were real leg burners in the Texas summers.

I am glad I went the way I did, because the smooth dexterity and refinement of the Versys has been a gift that keeps on giving. Add up all its details and it is a terrific package. From where I was attitude-wise, buying a  Versys took an open mind and a willingness to risk the unfamiliar, but the gamble certainly paid off.  :37:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline francis83

• Versys God
  • Bike: V1K MK1 2012
  • City / Town: Trans en provenc
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 10:14:11 PM »
Welcome!! Sure the Alps are THE place to ride!!
The main point is invisible for the eyes

Offline DwordN

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 01:25:06 AM »
Thank you all for the welcoming. It's definitely exciting to be able to share with other owners. Been through Hahntenjoch and Stelvio, but only by car. Last trip through the alps, seeing these awesome bikes rip through those magnificent roads was inspiring. Had to have one this time. The Versys fits me perfectly. Now to work on my skills.  To be anywhere close to the Euros and how they ride is a new goal. Shoot, even witnessed a Goldwing taking curves there like he was on a Ninja.  Just awesome!

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 08:02:57 AM »
Welcome along DwordN  Superb bike and great forum what more could you ask for  :002:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Online TallyRex

• Versys Master
  • Bike: V1K, 900RS, ZRX1200
  • City / Town: Tallahassee
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 09:42:04 AM »
Welcome aboard.  My observations reflect a distinct lack of safety gear used by cruiser riders.  If you fit into that mold, please buy some good gear.  Also, consider taking a track school to improve your skills. 

Have you seen the video of the Gold Wing at Deal's gap?

« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 09:43:57 AM by TallyRex »

Recent Topics