Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Quick Intro  (Read 948 times)

Online Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
Re: Quick Intro
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 02:37:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by TallyRex [+]
Welcome aboard.  My observations reflect a distinct lack of safety gear used by cruiser riders.

Here in Texas the no helmet, no gear thing seems to focus on Harley Davidson riders. It really creates a senseless risk for them, but what can you do... it's a personal choice as long as the law permits it. But when these folks crash, and they do, it's a blood stained mess and too often a fatality.

Despite a few close calls, I have never dropped a bike in motion or gotten a scratch riding a motorcycle. Does that mean I could just as well have ridden all these years wearing no helmet and a pair of swimming trunks? Technically yes. But that doesn't tell me a thing about what could happen today, or tomorrow.  So I spend the money and time to gear up before I ride every time. Well. Sometimes I go wearing blue jeans but I know with a slide at any speed they aren't going to be much better than swimming trunks. So I am getting better about not doing that. Any serious road rash can literally kill you from septicemia infection from all the dirt and germs you inject into your muscle tissue. You will be blasted with antibiotics in the ER but that isn't always enough. It ain't worth the risk or the pain and suffering!
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Vivamus inter Versys
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2017, 04:24:15 PM »
A pair of these are what I wear weather permitting, actually they are quite warm even in colder conditions  which is possibly down to the Kevlar internal protection  :002:   

http://www.dragginjeans.com/classic-mens/ 
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline TallyRex

• Versys Master
  • Bike: V1K, 900RS, ZRX1200
  • City / Town: Tallahassee
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2017, 10:13:40 PM »
IMHO   Kevlar reinforced jeans may prevent roadrash, but don't have hard armour for impact.  Soft pads don't do squat.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: Vivamus inter Versys
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2017, 06:57:42 AM »
*Originally Posted by TallyRex [+]
IMHO   Kevlar reinforced jeans may prevent roadrash, but don't have hard armour for impact.  Soft pads don't do squat.

:89:    Draggin Jeans do outperform most if not all other makes of 'biker jeans'( I haven't researched this thoroughly   :016:  )  with regard to abrasion resistance.....I'm now waiting for a flood of posts informing e that I'm wrong  :008: 

I do have other (Rev-It) pants that are part of my regular suit which obviously have more substantial impact protection built in  :002:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Vespista1960

• Versys Master
  • Bike: Versys 1000 2015
  • City / Town: Milano
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2017, 09:31:39 AM »
Abrasion is a hard enemy. I learned that when I was younger (much younger and more reckless) after a crash with my Vespa wearing only swimming pants...

P.S. That summer, in the tent near mine in the camping, was a very pretty girl who was studying pharmacy. The accident was a good opportunity to know her. Every cloud has a silver lining. :001:

Offline Lemmings72

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Cowes, IOW
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2017, 12:26:09 PM »
 :185:

Recent Topics