Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Dobber in Michiana is unhappy  (Read 540 times)

Offline Dobber

• Versys Newbie
  • City / Town: South Bend Area
Dobber in Michiana is unhappy
« on: November 11, 2017, 11:55:26 PM »
Hi everyone,
    Super excited to find this forum!  Just heard about it on YouTube watching a video that Iím probably not allowed to link to....havenít read the rules yet.  Anywho, Iím feeling super discouraged!  Iíve been researching all year for the right purchase and finally settled on the Versys 1000!  And canít find one.  Not a single one in my area.  This is a nightmare!  Is it you bunch of codgers holding on to the things forever?!?  Anyway, enough pouting.  Iím hoping by Spring Iíll find the right one for me and become active here.  Weíre about to enter ďthe dark timesĒ here in northern Indiana so Iíll have plenty of time to haunt and re-affirm my decision.  Cheers folks!

-Dobber

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
Re: Dobber in Michiana is unhappy
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2017, 08:09:34 AM »
 :185: to the forum Dobber.    Worry not, there will be a big V with your name on it along anytime soon.     :031:  Geoff :2:
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: KLZ1000, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 08:32:46 AM »
Hello, Dobber. Don't listen to that Geoff... he's one of the gray hairs. There's actually a global conspiracy of us and we buy up all the V1Ks before they hit the showroom floor. Most of the guys on this list riding a Versys  have 4 or 5 new ones hidden in the garage, sprayed with cosmoline under a tarp. Backups. Our wives don't even know about it.

Seriously though, fly down to Dallas and get the black 2017 in my neighborhood shop. It's been there for months and I think they have it marked down.

A good Kaw dealer can network all the dealerships in a big radius and find one to trailer in for you. He might find a '16 with big rebates. I got my '15 that way, in December '16 with like 15% or 20% off. My guy found it in another shop in a small town 50 miles south, brought it in, prepped it and had it in my hands the next evening.

Good luck. It really is an awesome motorcycle.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 08:35:13 AM by Sonny »

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena, Antrim
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 08:52:01 AM »
Welcome along Dobber, I could sell you one of the several I have stashed away ...only kidding

I don't know how things work in the States but I would guess that Sonny's advice is good and will be on eoption open to you

Good luck with your search and keep us posted  :028:   
You preach what you need to hear

Roger (Rog)

Offline Crosshairs

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: East Coast
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 12:58:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by Dobber [+]
Hi everyone,
    Super excited to find this forum!  Just heard about it on YouTube watching a video that Iím probably not allowed to link to....havenít read the rules yet.  Anywho, Iím feeling super discouraged!  Iíve been researching all year for the right purchase and finally settled on the Versys 1000!  And canít find one.  Not a single one in my area.  This is a nightmare!  Is it you bunch of codgers holding on to the things forever?!?  Anyway, enough pouting.  Iím hoping by Spring Iíll find the right one for me and become active here.  Weíre about to enter ďthe dark timesĒ here in northern Indiana so Iíll have plenty of time to haunt and re-affirm my decision.  Cheers folks!

-Dobber

How far are you from this place?
https://www.fraziermotorsports.com/Motorcycles-Kawasaki-Versys-1000-LT-2018-Mishawaka-IN-4d4b72ca-f5d8-4100-a7d6-a7f601074666G

They should be able to get that bike for you in a few days

Offline francis83

• Versys God
  • City / Town: Trans en provenc
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 01:27:28 PM »
Hi Dobber! Welcome to you!

Don't despair, your wishes are somewhere!!
The main point is invisible for the eyes

Offline Dobber

• Versys Newbie
  • City / Town: South Bend Area
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2017, 02:42:45 PM »
Sorry folks, shouldíve been more clear!  My kind of V1K will need to have been loved by another first.  Iím not in a place in my marriage that would allow for a $13K USD spend while keeping my wife. Iím certain that one of you learned men will try to advise me that this isnít in fact a problem BUT sheís a pretty great lady...so Iím motivated to make this small concession and pick up a 2012-2014 V1 on a deal.  It seems we just havenít exited the 5-year-honeymoon period that looks to be the norm for smart owners and good bikes.  Hopefully by Spring one of you gents will have found it in your heart to upgrade to that beautiful 2018 that Francis linked and enter into a pact with me to care for and cherish your current love.

@Francis - Yes, that would be my closest dealer.  Iím watching their stock for something used!

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: KLZ1000, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2017, 03:40:32 PM »
I'm pretty sure the Mark1 was never sold in the US, though it might have been in Canada. But you'll have a hard time finding one in Indiana.  :006:

The '15 onward Mark 2 has some improvements, so you might start looking for a well kept used one. But it is true, this isn't a bike that people ride for a little while and then sell for something better, because in its class, there isn't much of anything better. It's a keeper, so the used market will be thin in the US.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 03:57:17 PM by Sonny »

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2017, 05:40:26 PM »
And if you anything about you Sonny, you would let Dobber have yours, then toddle off and buy a new one for yourself  :008:  :152:

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 05:45:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
I'm pretty sure the Mark1 was never sold in the US, though it might have been in Canada. But you'll have a hard time finding one in Indiana.  :006:

The '15 onward Mark 2 has some improvements, so you might start looking for a well kept used one. But it is true, this isn't a bike that people ride for a little while and then sell for something better, because in its class, there isn't much of anything better. It's a keeper, so the used market will be thin in the US.
Sonny is correct. The MK1 012-014 was not imported to the US.    He is also correct by stating that lots of big Vs have found a forever home.  :002:

Recent Topics