Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Dobber in Michiana is unhappy  (Read 554 times)

Offline Richs V1K

• Versys Member
  • The orange dreamsicle
  • Bike: '15 Versys 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Waconia, MN
Re: Dobber in Michiana is unhappy
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2017, 06:18:25 PM »
Dobber,

The deals on the used MK2's are out there, but you'll likely have to be patient, be ready to pounce, and possibly travel to get it.
Barring the travel aspect, having it shipped isn't out of the question if you're getting a good deal to begin with.
I just picked up a beautiful orange 2015 with low miles for just under $8K. Loaded up with Kaw accessories and like new.
PO traded it in at the BMW dealership on a new BMW.  :124: His loss.

Good luck with your search!

Forgot to mention: WELCOME!  :031:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 06:29:33 PM by Richs V1K »
Wow, what a boring motorcycle.
-no one, ever.

Offline Dobber

• Versys Newbie
  • City / Town: South Bend Area
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2017, 07:01:40 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
I'm pretty sure the Mark1 was never sold in the US, though it might have been in Canada. But you'll have a hard time finding one in Indiana.  :006:

May 2017,me:  I️ think I値l get a motorcycle to ride with friends and coworkers that will provide a small reprieve from the duldrums of routine.
June 2017,me:  It seems I知 too respectable to be a Harley guy.
July 2017,me:  It seems I知 too old to ride a sport bike.
August 2017,me:  Sport touring....this is my speed and style.
September 2017,me:  Dearest wife, I致e increased my life insurance policy to <a lot> and I知 buying a motorcycle by Spring.  Just an FYI!
October 2017,me:  The Versys.  And the one with plenty to give at 滴ighway speeds.
November 2017,Sonny:  Cool story, bro.  Your 6 month decision process landed you in a nonexistent reality.  Cheers!
November 2017,me: $&?@!!!!

Thanks Sonny!

In all seriousness, I壇 love a 2015 but it痴 a few grand more than I知 looking to spend.  I値l see what may be out there for me to find! Very much appreciate the warm welcome and advice!   ...even from you, Sonny!

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: KLZ1000, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2017, 07:13:05 PM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
And if you anything about you Sonny, you would let Dobber have yours, then toddle off and buy a new one for yourself  :008:  :152:

Lord no! I've just got her broken in and purring for me. This is the start of a beautiful relationship. Plus, I can't get a new one in eye-dazzling candy orange or green, so it's not going to happen. You know what I am sayin', brothah.  :124:

Offline 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2017, 09:30:20 PM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
Lord no! I've just got her broken in and purring for me. This is the start of a beautiful relationship. Plus, I can't get a new one in eye-dazzling candy orange or green, so it's not going to happen. You know what I am sayin', brothah.  :124:
:152:
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Offline bagadonutz

• Versys Member
  • knuckledragger
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Indianapolis
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2017, 02:00:52 AM »
Hey Dobber - welcome to the forum and I hope you find your bike.    Like noted before, the Versys 1000 did not start selling in the States until 2015.     I bought mine in 2016 and found that many dealers in the midwest did not stock many of them.    You need to travel to find a 2015 or 2016 but they are out there.

And please listen to my request - change your location from "Michiana" to the actual city or town you are from.   I am from the same area (originally) and I cringe when I hear "Michiana" - it was coined by used car dealers in the area back in 60s and 70s.    If you don't want to list your town then at least change it to the eloquent term "St Joseph Valley" which better describes the geography.     :123A:
I'm from Mishawaka in the St. Joe Valley!  :031: :031:
"Some people will tell you that slow is good but I知 here to tell you that fast is better. I致e always believed this, in spite of the trouble it痴 caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.". -Hunter S Thompson

Recent Topics

waggish