Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Oh my goodness!!  (Read 984 times)

Offline flatustube

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Stafford
Re: Oh my goodness!!
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 11:52:33 AM »
*Originally Posted by FootlOZe [+]
Welcome to the Forum. Given your first successful experience in getting out of the carpark unscathed I am sure that it will not take long for you to get the experience to tackle the continent. Enjoy the riding and the experiences. Craig

BTW: I think that we will win the Ashes!!  :008: :001: (For those in other countries that is a cricket reference!)

BTW I think you won't!!! :008: :008: :008:
Escapee from the NHS Gulag after 32 years.......don't grass me up!!!

Offline pneumatician

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 1000, BMW1100
  • City / Town: Burntwood
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 02:47:03 PM »
In 2016 I did a tour of the Pecos and Northern Portugal with "Missed Adventures" very good.  This was the third time I had visited the Pecos.   This year I visited the Pecos again then did a trip to Baden Baden to do the B500 and Black forest again (on my own, fantastic). In August with PEMC we did a tour of the Cevennes and Ardeche
this also was most enjoyable.   I can reccommend PEMC it is I suppose a slightly unusual club in that they do not have a regular meeting point but arrange meets at various locations.  Meet for lunch, go for a ride then return home. They also organise overseas tours.  We visited the Bike show yesterday some very nice bikes but none I found to be a must have. We liked the Enfield 650 and thought the Mash excellent value for money, but then we are of a certain age.  56 was a long time ago.

Offline Tony the oldie

• Versys God
  • Bike: V1000 green
  • City / Town: Chelmsford
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 06:10:42 PM »
Welcome Flatustube

You've picked a great bike and well done for getting through all the  tests - much more complicated than it used to be.

I too have a bolted together knock that doesn't bend like it used to.  The 'sit up and beg' riding position of the V1000 suits me.

Enjoy your travels and have fun

Tony

Offline Tony the oldie

• Versys God
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2017, 06:11:51 PM »
It should of course be 'neck' not 'knock' - bloody predictive text  :125:

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena, Antrim
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2017, 06:45:03 PM »
You've got some knock you have Tony   :008:   
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Roger (Rog)

Offline Tony the oldie

• Versys God
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2017, 08:29:10 PM »
More like ready for knackers yard  :008:

Online Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: KLZ1000, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2017, 10:50:34 PM »
Say it ain't so, Tony! You're still operating a keyboard, and you still ride the fastest color!  :008:

You ain't no glue factory horse yet and when the day comes you'll still make a fine pot o' hide glue, sir.  :2:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena, Antrim
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2017, 08:36:05 AM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
Say it ain't so, Tony! You're still operating a keyboard, and you still ride the fastest color!  :008:

You ain't no glue factory horse yet and when the day comes you'll still make a fine pot o' hide glue, sir.  :2:

:008:   
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Roger (Rog)

Offline Tony the oldie

• Versys God
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2017, 09:42:39 AM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]

Thanks Sonny - that has cheered me up - good to have a goal in life  :020: :020:

Online Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: KLZ1000, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2017, 10:36:44 AM »
It didn't come off as a perfect compliment, but my intentions were good...  :33:  :008:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Recent Topics