Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Scottoiler Vsystem for Versys  (Read 654 times)

Offline Carl

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys klz1000 2017
  • City / Town: Winterton/Lincs
Scottoiler Vsystem for Versys
« on: November 25, 2017, 12:35:28 PM »
Hi all
I am about to install the Vsystem on my Versys 1000 2017 and wondered wheres the best place to mount the resrviour for the oil. It says to install it in the most upright position as possible but all the blurb shows it under the seat almost horizontal, which to me, as the feed is central to the cylinder, would only mean half the capacity would be used. Any ideas folks? where it might be mounted more vertical? Thanks

Offline Hades

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Petaling Jaya
Re: Scottoiler Vsystem for Versys
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 02:40:22 PM »
I had the same issues and in the end mounted it just below the seat on the left side. There is no where else near vertical unless you want to mount it to the side box brackets.

Since its in such a recline, you wont lose much actually. Estimate I lose around 12% from full capacity.

For me the worst part is bending the metal mount placed on the hub. Its a pain to get it into position and fine tuning the resting place on the sprocket.

Offline Bart

• Versys Pro
  • City / Town: West Wales
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 05:49:33 PM »
+1 for mounting as above just below the seat as it means you can adjust the flow without removing the seat, but I mounted the nozzle on mine using the rear chainguard bolt to the inside of the swingarm keeping it a bit neater IMHO.

Offline Hades

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Petaling Jaya
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 04:24:10 AM »
Some pics for your reference.

That mount is the difficult one. The tube has to bend and might kink and leak. It happened to me before because of the acute angle. Furthermore our swing arm is not square and thus cant be run directly under.

Offline Old Biker

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 Mk1
  • City / Town: East Grinstead
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 10:44:33 AM »
I also bought the touring reservoir & mounted it on that behind the number plate. Easy to get to & with the extra capacity rarely needs refilling.

Offline Carl

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 03:28:27 PM »
Sorted thanks. Managed to get it neatly out of the way under the seat. Didn't have any problem with the jet mount myself as angled it not so straight as in the above pictures. Didn't want it externally mounted as looked to ugly and would have made it easily nickable.

Offline cloudwalker

• Versys Member
  • Walk the clouds, dream and live, never let them go
  • Bike: Versys 1000/GTR1400
  • City / Town: Ipswich
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 07:17:58 PM »
Interesting, I've run scotoilers on Mk 1 DL650's as they are easy to pick up the vacuum feed. where do you pick up the vacuum on the Versys 1k?
Semi retired and loving it. Riding with Suffolk Advanced Motorcyclists.

Offline Carl

• Versys Newbie
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 08:18:52 PM »
See Kawasaki website you slice into pipe under left panel with green tape on it.

Offline goaters

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 '16
  • City / Town: Rendlesham

Recent Topics