Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Crappy Ethanol Gas  (Read 1080 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online Crosshairs

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 610
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: East Coast
  • Country: us
Re: Crappy Ethanol Gas
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 10:11:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by woodman [+]
It mixes with the water because it is alcohol, you can do the same thing with Isopropyl Alcohol. Nothing new

Yeah..its a bit cheaper too...:)

Offline sprocket

  • Versys Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 10
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: 16 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Winter Haven FL.
  • Country: us
Re: Crappy Ethanol Gas
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 07:11:20 PM »
I found the K100 at the local lawn mower shop for $2 less than Amozon

Online weljo2001

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1020
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Norwalk,CA
  • Country: us
Re: Crappy Ethanol Gas
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2017, 10:18:54 PM »
*Originally Posted by sprocket [+]
I found the K100 at the local lawn mower shop for $2 less than Amozon


Yep i have a lawn mower shop a block away from me and they carry it also. I was just lazy and ordered it on-line..
I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Online Sonny

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1471
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: KLZ1000, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
  • Country: us
Re: Crappy Ethanol Gas
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 12:25:34 AM »
Joe, I run acetone, 1 fl oz per 5 gallons of gas. I went out and tested it in a glass jar. It does the same thing: pour some in water and it emulsifies it immediately and stays blended, never settles back out with the water on the bottom. It also keeps the fuel system, injectors and cylinder / piston crown / valves clean as a whistle. $17 a gallon at Lowes. I have used it in everything for 20 years and it really does keep things clean and run smooth and strong in all kinds of engines.

That's very interesting in the K100 videos, the idea that these products "coat" the water molecule with a combustible layer. When this flammable water molecule hits the combustion chamber the water flashes to steam upping compression on the power stroke, and the steam is probably working alongside the solvent to clean the fuel path.

Ethanol is an alcohol that wicks water vapor out of the atmosphere, and even pure ethanol has a lower BTU output than gasoline, so, double bad news. Preventing water from puddling and causing rusting in the tank is one benefit of a water emulsifier, the cleaning and power enhancement is another.

What does your K100 smell like? Do you smell acetone (nail polish remover) or some other volatile solvent in it?
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline mikep

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 408
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: Satsuma 2015
  • City / Town: Lafayette, LA
  • Country: us
Re: Crappy Ethanol Gas
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 12:53:25 AM »
K100 is not acetone.  Somebody put a little chemistry knowledege into it.

http://k-100.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/K100D_K100MD_MSDS_ENGLISH.pdf

Online weljo2001

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1020
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Norwalk,CA
  • Country: us
Re: Crappy Ethanol Gas
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2017, 01:10:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
Joe, I run acetone, 1 fl oz per 5 gallons of gas. I went out and tested it in a glass jar. It does the same thing: pour some in water and it emulsifies it immediately and stays blended, never settles back out with the water on the bottom. It also keeps the fuel system, injectors and cylinder / piston crown / valves clean as a whistle. $17 a gallon at Lowes. I have used it in everything for 20 years and it really does keep things clean and run smooth and strong in all kinds of engines.

That's very interesting in the K100 videos, the idea that these products "coat" the water molecule with a combustible layer. When this flammable water molecule hits the combustion chamber the water flashes to steam upping compression on the power stroke, and the steam is probably working alongside the solvent to clean the fuel path.

Ethanol is an alcohol that wicks water vapor out of the atmosphere, and even pure ethanol has a lower BTU output than gasoline, so, double bad news. Preventing water from puddling and causing rusting in the tank is one benefit of a water emulsifier, the cleaning and power enhancement is another.

What does your K100 smell like? Do you smell acetone (nail polish remover) or some other volatile solvent in it?


It for sure does not smell like Acetone. My girlfriend and her sister owned 7 nail salons in Puerto Rico and several others in the states. So i know what acetone smells like and they would buy 55 gallon barrels of the stuff for the shops on the island.

Heres the shop we had in Riverside CA at the Riverside Plaza Mall..
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 01:15:54 AM by weljo2001 »
I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Online Sonny

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1471
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: KLZ1000, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
  • Country: us
Re: Crappy Ethanol Gas
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2017, 02:22:40 AM »
*Originally Posted by mikep [+]
K100 is not acetone.  Somebody put a little chemistry knowledege into it.

http://k-100.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/K100D_K100MD_MSDS_ENGLISH.pdf

Look at that. It's basically about half antifreeze and half alcohols, two different ones. No kerosenes or other kinds of petroleum distillate. Interesting.
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline Ezy

  • Versys Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 10
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Gold Coast
  • Country: au
Re: Crappy Ethanol Gas
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2017, 02:51:46 AM »
Interesting Joe. We obviously run in Km's here in Australia. On the weekend I managed to get 400km (248 miles) out of 19.37 ltrs (4.27 Gallons) from my V, which gave me 58 mpg. Mine says only use octane 95 ron or above, we have a bit of 95 ron fuel around here but mainly 91 + ethanol (wont use it in anything I own) 91 & 98 ron. The wife's car runs 91, but we try to run 95 in it every 3rd tank. My son accidentally put 91+ ethanol in my daughters 1999 toyota on Sat night, the thing is running like a dog atm, Seems strange that I get so much more mpg than yours does. BTW, thx again for the wiring diagram.
Cheers Ian
"True Wilderness". The space between a greenie's ears!

Listen, Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Online weljo2001

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1020
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Norwalk,CA
  • Country: us
Re: Crappy Ethanol Gas
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2017, 04:18:21 AM »
*Originally Posted by Ezy [+]
Interesting Joe. We obviously run in Km's here in Australia. On the weekend I managed to get 400km (248 miles) out of 19.37 ltrs (4.27 Gallons) from my V, which gave me 58 mpg. Mine says only use octane 95 ron or above, we have a bit of 95 ron fuel around here but mainly 91 + ethanol (wont use it in anything I own) 91 & 98 ron. The wife's car runs 91, but we try to run 95 in it every 3rd tank. My son accidentally put 91+ ethanol in my daughters 1999 toyota on Sat night, the thing is running like a dog atm, Seems strange that I get so much more mpg than yours does. BTW, thx again for the wiring diagram.
Cheers Ian


Well I'm a big guy over 300lbs and I'm not to easy on the throttle... :2:
I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Offline Ezy

  • Versys Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 10
  • Gender: Male
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Gold Coast
  • Country: au
Re: Crappy Ethanol Gas
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2017, 04:47:22 AM »
C'mon mate speak English will ya pls. What's 300lbs  :187: oh, 136kg in real speak. Dont worry I'm not that far behind you  :152:
"True Wilderness". The space between a greenie's ears!

Listen, Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

 



Recent Topics


waggish