Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Hello from Sir Rupert  (Read 255 times)

Offline Sir Rupert

• Versys Newbie
Hello from Sir Rupert
« on: November 29, 2017, 06:12:29 PM »
I've been riding for, let's just say, quite a long time.

My current bike is a Honda CBF1000. There are many things I love about this bike but with having sciatica, I find that the riding position can get uncomfortable after a while.

I'm interested in the Versys1000 because of the more relaxed riding position. I've sat on one in the showroom, and managed to get it on the centrestand OK, but I'm slightly nervous about the seat height. I can get both feet flat on the ground on the CBF, but not the Versys. I'm 5'9" and 30" inside leg.

I'm currently looking forward to a test ride prior to possibly buying a recent, low mileage example.
Any hints or tips?

Oh yes, nearly forgot.... Cheers!  :031:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 06:46:27 PM by Sir Rupert »
No good deed goes unpunished.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena, Antrim
Re: Hello from Sir Rupert
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 07:25:58 PM »
Welcome along Sir Rupert,  the Versys is a superb bike, mind you a response like that is somewhat predictable on here  :whistle: 

It's possible to fit a lowering kit on the versys, several on here already have done so.

The fact is that once you've taken a test ride you will no doubt end up with your own Versys,  so don't forget to take your wallet along to the test'll need it   :2: 
You preach what you need to hear

Roger (Rog)

Offline longdog

• Versys God
  • Bike: Kawasaki Versys
  • City / Town: Swansea
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 08:31:45 PM »
Hello Sir Rupert, the Vesrsys is a great bike, a true bike for all seasons and all reasons. If you're concerned about the seat height, then there are solutions, lowering links and dropping the forks through the yolks to match and of course, having your seat trimmed to suit.

There are no known issues and no recalls either, rare in this day and age. As you have already been told, take your wallet with you when you take a test ride.

Mike,  :031:
Titty bars aren't bad if you enjoy being sexually aroused without an outlet. Oh, and they're also convenient if you're in the mood for paying double the normal price for a drink. If I'm in the mood to be treated poorly while giving up large amounts of cash, I visit a BMW dealership

Offline francis83

• Versys God
  • Bike: V1K MK1 2012
  • City / Town: Trans en provenc
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 08:40:42 PM »
Hi Sir Rupert! Nice to meet a man from your rank!!

Test the V1K and you will be junkie!!
The main point is invisible for the eyes

Offline Oldplodder

• Versys Master
  • Knows bugger all
  • Bike: V1K Mk1-GL1800 '13
  • City / Town: Buckley
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 09:50:36 PM »
Hi and welcome to the forum.

As already said - if you are going for a test ride - take your wallet with you.

Many riders find the Versys a tall bike but they have made adjustments to the suspension or the seat or both to stay with the V1K.

Dave T
Lord, Please make me into the person my dog thinks I am.

Online Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: KLZ1000, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2017, 09:56:59 PM »
Welcome Sir Rupert.  :031:

My voice is one more saying there is little to fault with the Versys 1K. Maybe the windscreen, maybe for some the seat. But it is an incredibly fine and reliable machine, and a Swiss army knife if ever there was one.

The one potential deal killer for a rider is its height, and that depends not only on your inseam but on what kind of contact with the ground satisfies you.

Lowering links will buy you an inch or two and many riders install them. Be advised if you do it, the side and center stands will want to be shortened by cutting out a length of tubing and re-welding back together. Otherwise, not enough lean on the side stand and using the center stand can be a back breaker.

All that said, a review of this board will show that most of us love these bikes like no other.  :152:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Recent Topics