Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Seat Concept Philippine install  (Read 227 times)

Offline davpag1

• Versys Pro
  • A Brit living abroad
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Cebu City
Seat Concept Philippine install
« on: December 30, 2017, 04:54:12 AM »
Living in the Philippines makes it sometimes difficult getting items for any brand and model of bike, and if available, they generally cost more than retail. So luckily for me a friend of a friend came on vacation and he popped a new saddle from Seat Concepts into a case for me. Price $205 Inc shipping to USA address.

https://seat-concepts.myshopify.com/collections/kawasaki/2016+kaw-kle1k

I didn't find the stock one that bad for comfort or style. But I decided I wanted to try a new one. The biggest difference is the shape where you and passenger sit, it being more shaped to your arse. It comes as one piece, unlike stock which are two. The small slope is no longer there, though I never really found that a problem as most have.

The cover is nicely finished in carbon and gripper material for the seat sections. On first riding I noticed the foam is not so thick and feels harder beneath, but this doesn't affect the comfort, as the shaping offsets that. I took the saddle for a couple of hundred kilometer ride and found it acceptable as a replacement to the stock.

Was it worth the change and price, as I was OK with the stock, who knows. We all spend money on things we like or want to try out. The pricing of this saddle is what makes it attractive to a person's budget.
If you ever make a trip to the Philippines, get in touch. I may need a courier for some bike items...:)

Online Crosshairs

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: East Coast
Re: Seat Concept Philippine install
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 02:16:50 PM »
I had a seat concepts foam and cover kit  installed on my FZ-09 and was pretty happy with it ..they do make nice stuff at a reasonable price

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena, Antrim
Re: Seat Concept Philippine install
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 07:55:01 PM »
That's a good looking seat, if it proves to be as comfortable as it is good looking then I'm sure you will be very pleased  :002:   
You preach what you need to hear

Roger (Rog)

Recent Topics

waggish