Top Posters Today

TallyRex
1 Posts
Sonny Sonny
1 Posts

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Road 5's in stock  (Read 7604 times)

Online Crosshairs

• Versys Master
Road 5's in stock
« on: January 02, 2018, 08:53:05 PM »
Revzilla has them for $375.00 a set, Riders domain is $365.00....nothing showing at Jake Wilson or others yet.....
Im gonna wait a day or 2 to see who else gets them then order a set...

Is anyone else grabbing a set and have you guys on the other side of the pond seen anything in stock  yet?

EDIT: motomummy has them for $349.00....I just ordered a set.....probably fit them in the spring when my current tires are worn out
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 09:53:37 PM by Crosshairs »

Offline DaveHilton

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 GT
  • City / Town: North Wales
Re: Road 5's in stock
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 08:20:24 AM »
Got told by local shop, Road 5's will be available in March
2015 Versys 1000 GT - Orange
2015 Z1000 SX - Green

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 08:35:01 AM »
*Originally Posted by DaveHilton [+]
Got told by local shop, Road 5's will be available in March

Do ya think he's got his wires crossed as they are supposed to be launched in January 2018  :question:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline vincentder

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: versys 1000 gt
  • City / Town: Zoetermeer
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 09:13:23 AM »
Seen any reviews/tests yet?

Offline DaveHilton

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Versys 1000 GT
  • City / Town: North Wales
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 10:54:37 AM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
Do ya think he's got his wires crossed as they are supposed to be launched in January 2018  :question:   

I am due to change tyres and asked about them, that's what they told me - hopefully will let me know when they come in
2015 Versys 1000 GT - Orange
2015 Z1000 SX - Green

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2018, 08:21:59 PM »
Fair comment Dave, there's been quite a lot reported about them for the past couple of months, most reports informing us that they are due for release in January.

Good for you for enquiring about them,   :028:   

Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline stlee29

• Versys Master
  • Good rides.....
  • Bike: V1K 2013
  • City / Town: Penang
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 02:12:25 AM »

Told only in April here  :006:
This is a bloody great Bike....!

My V1K Blog: https://www.versys1000.com/index.php/topic,12733.0.html

Offline jackthebiker

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Rothschild, Wi
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 06:26:21 PM »
I am a little concerned that the PR 4s clearly stated that they were a higher mileage tire, not so from what I have seen about the PR 5s. I am running RS IIIs now after 8000 miles on my OEM Bridgestones. The RS IIIs are cheaper than the PRs. So are they worth the extra $$$? You guys have been getting good mileage out of the PR 4s, right?
2018 Goldwing Tour
2016 Versys 1000LT (traded but will be missed)
2015 Indian Chieftain (sold)
2014 Indian Vintage (sold)
2013 Victory Cross Country Tourer (35 more...)

Offline peter73

• Ex Member
  • Versys Master
  • Account Terminated
  • Bike: Versys 1000 Mk2
  • City / Town: Sofia
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2018, 09:08:29 AM »
*Originally Posted by vincentder [+]
Seen any reviews/tests yet?

No but I bet they will win each and every test - this is just what always happens when a major manufacturer launches a new model. These reviews are mostly useless and buying tyres is still a gamble, That's why whenever I find a tyre that I'm fine with I usually stick with it for at least several replacements. The developments in tyre (and not only) technology are not as amazingly quick as manufacturers would like to make you believe and sometimes they are even detrimental missteps.

So far I am fine with Dunlop RS3.

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2018, 03:14:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by peter73 [+]
No but I bet they will win each and every test - this is just what always happens when a major manufacturer launches a new model. These reviews are mostly useless and buying tyres is still a gamble, That's why whenever I find a tyre that I'm fine with I usually stick with it for at least several replacements. The developments in tyre (and not only) technology are not as amazingly quick as manufacturers would like to make you believe and sometimes they are even detrimental missteps.

So far I am fine with Dunlop RS3.
Fully agree.  I used Michelin PR3s on my GTR14, and for my kind of biking they were appalling. In fact they went down as THE worst tyre ever on any of my bikes.  Over the years we have been conned into thinking that each new creation of tyre, is leaps and bounds better than the previous version, and I don't believe that things have actually moved on that much. Sipes, carbon black, and other techno terms are banded about by all manufacturers, but in reality I'm not convinced that tyres are any better than they were many years ago. Who remembers Malcolm Uphills 100 miles an hour lap on a Triumph Bonneville at the 1969 750cc production class TT on the Isle-of-man?. The first ever 100 mph lap by a production bike. The tyres worn by the bike that day were called Dunlop K81s,( later renamed TT100s in honour of the tyres making TT history), which looked like something that would be worn by today's bikes that are designed for part off road use, they used massive deep block tread. But were plenty good enough for Uphill to rewrite the record books. That was almost 50 years ago. Tyre manufacturers must keep seducing us with techno babble, and large dollops of bull sh--. And fortunately for them it appears to work.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 03:19:33 PM by 100milesaway »
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Recent Topics

waggish