Brutal Brutal
7 Posts
TYKE TYKE
7 Posts
TommyPickleZ TommyPickleZ
4 Posts
Sonny Sonny
3 Posts

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Michelin Road 5 Tires (or Tyres)  (Read 2138 times)

Offline markymark11

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Carbon Grey - 2016
  • City / Town: Basingstoke
Re: Michelin Road 5 Tires (or Tyres)
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2018, 04:07:48 PM »
I too am waiting for a longer term review of the PR5 . I've always used Michelins, PR2 PR3 PR4 on other bikes mainly because I have never (touch wood) been let down by them and always felt they performed exactly as expected. I think once a brand that you feel comfy with sticks in your head it is hard to change to another make.

Strangely enough though ..and I am surprised at this - I find the OEM T30's to be very good once they warm up so actually for once I am not hurrying to change.. :lostit:

Bit of a shame it is £250 a time to experiment but such is life. :002:
you can't teach a pig to sing...it's a waste of time and it annoys the pig !

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2018, 08:13:53 AM »
*Originally Posted by markymark11 [+]
I too am waiting for a longer term review of the PR5 . I've always used Michelins, PR2 PR3 PR4 on other bikes mainly because I have never (touch wood) been let down by them and always felt they performed exactly as expected. I think once a brand that you feel comfy with sticks in your head it is hard to change to another make.

Strangely enough though ..and I am surprised at this - I find the OEM T30's to be very good once they warm up so actually for once I am not hurrying to change.. :lostit:

Bit of a shame it is £250 a time to experiment but such is life.
I agree Mark, the T30 is a very good tyre. I have tried 7 different tyres on my bikes (including the MK1), and have found not a fag paper of difference between them all. As far as grip is concerned, all were excellent, be it wet or dry. The Pirelli Scorpions (MK1) were the shortest lived, 3500 miles and they were done, T30s very good, T30 EVO slightly better, Dunlop Road Smarts = wore in a strange way. Avon 3D XM were stand out best for mileage, Avon Spirit, wore perfectly, right the way until the tread wore to the markers. Michelin PR2 have only been on for 400 miles but all of those miles have been in the wet and slime of the Dales and Lakes, and they feel as good as anything else that I have used. All of the above were grippy in the wet, and none had any adverse effect on steering input on either of my bikes.
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena, Antrim
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2018, 08:30:23 AM »
Sounds like you are still negotiating the 'slop' on the Dales highways and byways Geoff   :001:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2018, 04:25:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
Sounds like you are still negotiating the 'slop' on the Dales highways and byways Geoff   :001:   
Yep, been out again today. Met a gaggle of the boys +  June at Hindillinis in Gisburn, then had a ride over the fell road to Bentham. Finished up at the cafe in Clapham for tea and Cake :1:. Lovely day, but lots of water running across the road from the fells, and they had gritted last night so the roads were a mess. Not too bothered today though because we had be up in the Lakes on Sunday and the bike had not had a wash since. It is in a hell of a state now though :003:
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Recent Topics

waggish