Top Posters Today

TYKE TYKE
4 Posts
Claude
3 Posts
Le ptit Quebec Le ptit Quebec
2 Posts
9SecVmax
2 Posts


Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Road 5's in stock  (Read 7648 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Online Keener

  • Versys Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 522
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
  • Country: ca
Re: Road 5's in stock
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2018, 02:07:19 AM »
*Originally Posted by jackthebiker [+]
For most of us riders performance on a wet road is irrelevant, we slow down or stay home when it rains. How fast do most of us really take corners, any tire made for our bikes will do. So that leaves price and longevity. So I think the Roadsmart 3s or Bridgestone T30 EVOs win.

I Think that is quite an assumption ...jackthebiker , i would bet that are more than you think that ride in the rain either by choice or situation especially when touring .so wet tire performance is relevant  re the PR4 that i run by choice and performance in the wet is outstanding , as far as fast cornering tire selection is pretty much a personal choice some are better than others, and i would also say that there are quite a few of us that like to use the edge and to do so on tires that perform well for them in whatever brand they choose.
Tire threads generally suck anyway IMO btw... because what is great for some is not for others .
 

Online TYKE

  • Versys Mega God
  • ******
  • Posts: 7106
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
  • Country: gb
Re: Road 5's in stock
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2018, 07:08:09 AM »
Time will tell if the Road 5 is any better than its predecessors or in fact other brands of tyre, its subjective anyway, as non of us know if our choice will suit us until a new tyre has beenpurchased and fitted, a bit like screens, seats, helmets etc.,

The final analysis will be different for us all as we all have differing riding habits and requirements.

Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline peter73

  • Ex Member
  • Versys Master
  • *
  • Posts: 677
  • Account Terminated
  • Bike: Versys 1000 Mk2
  • City / Town: Sofia
  • Country: bg
Re: Road 5's in stock
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2018, 08:28:54 AM »
It's not all subjective, though.  I had a Merz Rt01's before the RS3 and they were pretty good until they bassically fell appart even before they reached the wear marks. I had several flats in less than 1k kms and when I funally took them off they were so thin at the center I could pinch them with my fingers.

Online 100milesaway

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 4018
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
  • Country: england
Re: Road 5's in stock
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2018, 09:36:43 AM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
Time will tell if the Road 5 is any better than its predecessors or in fact other brands of tyre, its subjective anyway, as non of us know if our choice will suit us until a new tyre has beenpurchased and fitted, a bit like screens, seats, helmets etc.,

The final analysis will be different for us all as we all have differing riding habits and requirements.
Wise words indeed Rog. :002:
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Online TYKE

  • Versys Mega God
  • ******
  • Posts: 7106
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
  • Country: gb
Re: Road 5's in stock
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2018, 12:51:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
Wise words indeed Rog. :002:

You wouldn't expect any less  :008:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline jackthebiker

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 92
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Rothschild, Wi
  • Country: us
Re: Road 5's in stock
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2018, 06:22:33 PM »
*Originally Posted by Keener [+]
I Think that is quite an assumption ...jackthebiker , i would bet that are more than you think that ride in the rain either by choice or situation especially when touring .so wet tire performance is relevant  re the PR4 that i run by choice and performance in the wet is outstanding , as far as fast cornering tire selection is pretty much a personal choice some are better than others, and i would also say that there are quite a few of us that like to use the edge and to do so on tires that perform well for them in whatever brand they choose.
Tire threads generally suck anyway IMO btw... because what is great for some is not for others .
 
I take long trips all the time, have since the 60s. So I ride in the rain a lot. I simple said we SLOW DOWN in the rain and probably any modern tire will work fine in rain when not pushed hard.  :2:
2018 Goldwing Tour
2016 Versys 1000LT (traded but will be missed)
2015 Indian Chieftain (sold)
2014 Indian Vintage (sold)
2013 Victory Cross Country Tourer (35 more...)

Online 100milesaway

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 4018
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
  • Country: england
Re: Road 5's in stock
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2018, 06:27:02 PM »
*Originally Posted by jackthebiker [+]
I take long trips all the time, have since the 60s. So I ride in the rain a lot. I simple said we SLOW DOWN in the rain and probably any modern tire will work fine in rain when not pushed hard.  :2:
And I fully agree with you.  :152:   A very sensible attitude. :028:
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Offline jackthebiker

  • Versys Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 92
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Rothschild, Wi
  • Country: us
Re: Road 5's in stock
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2018, 06:33:37 PM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
And I fully agree with you.  :152:   A very sensible attitude. :028:
Thank you. At 65 years old I have to be VERY careful I don't talk like a old guy. But most of us old guys can't help it. :008:
2018 Goldwing Tour
2016 Versys 1000LT (traded but will be missed)
2015 Indian Chieftain (sold)
2014 Indian Vintage (sold)
2013 Victory Cross Country Tourer (35 more...)

Online TYKE

  • Versys Mega God
  • ******
  • Posts: 7106
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
  • Country: gb
Re: Road 5's in stock
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2018, 08:01:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by jackthebiker [+]
Thank you. At 65 years old I have to be VERY careful I don't talk like a old guy. But most of us old guys can't help it. :008:

Only 65, blimey you are positively a youngster   :008: 

I'm 66 BTW   :028:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Online 100milesaway

  • Versys God
  • *****
  • Posts: 4018
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
  • Country: england
Re: Road 5's in stock
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2018, 10:00:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
Only 65, blimey you are positively a youngster   :008: 

I'm 66 BTW   :028:   
And  I will reach 70 on the15 of this month  :mfr_lol:
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

 



Recent Topics


waggish