DeuceBG DeuceBG
4 Posts
TYKE TYKE
4 Posts
Keener Keener
3 Posts
Sonny Sonny
3 Posts

Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Road 5's in stock  (Read 6989 times)

Online weljo2001

• Versys God
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000LT
  • City / Town: Norwalk,CA
Re: Road 5's in stock
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2018, 10:29:31 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
I'm waiting to hear what folks think about these tyres.

There seems to have been plenty hype surrounding their launch which makes mention of the tyres ability to maintain its performance even when 50% worn

It will be awhile before i have them installed. The stock tires still look good. Just wanted to get a set while they were in stock...
I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Online Crosshairs

• Versys Master
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2018, 01:55:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by weljo2001 [+]

It will be awhile before i have them installed. The stock tires still look good. Just wanted to get a set while they were in stock...

LOL, Thats 2 of us now who have them  sitting in our house....poor Rog just wants to know how we like them and we are not helping at all...:)

Online weljo2001

• Versys God
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2018, 02:48:32 AM »
*Originally Posted by Crosshairs [+]
LOL, Thats 2 of us now who have them  sitting in our house....poor Rog just wants to know how we like them and we are not helping at all...:)

Well it might be awhile for me to review them. The stockers are still hanging in there. Well one thing they sure looked good in the box.... :123A: :123A:

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2018, 08:14:03 AM »
Its like being an expectant father guys  :4: :4:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline tall-mike

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: versys 1000
  • City / Town: san diego
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2018, 05:04:21 PM »
Purchased just the rear yesterday. I'll have it mounted Monday so I can go riding this weekend. Front tire had plenty of life left.Reviewing the tire on you tube (Fort-nine) , he stated the pr5 was just an improvement on the pr4, less syping etc. Longevity could go up to 15000 kms - 9300 miles. Air-filter and Kaoke throttle lock also purchased. Looking at the Akrapovic full exhaust, but not enough bang for the buck at over 1300 dollars, then the cost of powercomander 5, block off plates and dyno time, plus it's illegal in california. And who's kidding who, 10 horsepower for 2000 dollars is a bone head move. Ha-ha, I know I am eventually going to get it done. :138:

Online weljo2001

• Versys God
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2018, 09:08:11 PM »
Looks like the Girlfriend might want us to take the bike to ride almost to San Francisco the first of next week to visit her mom and family there for the Chinese New Year which is this Thursday. So once we get back I'll have the Road 5's installed.....

Offline Buck851

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2017 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Colorado
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2018, 08:29:10 PM »
Just had a set of Road 5s installed, purchased from Bike Bandit total for the tires $350.99.  Local shop mounted and balanced for $70.00, chomping at the bit to try them out.   

Online weljo2001

• Versys God
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2018, 08:03:10 PM »
Just dropped the Road 5's off at the shop close by to have mounted. Will take the bike in at 2pm after they get back from lunch. To my surprise they had a set of Road 5's on their rack in the size we use... :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate:    Also having them install the Chinese 90degree valve stems..
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 08:06:59 PM by weljo2001 »

Online Keener

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2018, 08:25:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by weljo2001 [+]
Just dropped the Road 5's off at the shop close by to have mounted. Will take the bike in at 2pm after they get back from lunch. To my surprise they had a set of Road 5's on their rack in the size we use... :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate:    Also having them install the Chinese 90degree valve stems..

GREAT looking forward to your review , the PR4GT are working very well for me , Also the 90dg Valve stems .....good idea ..next tire change for me I will do the same
Keener

Offline tall-mike

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: versys 1000
  • City / Town: san diego
« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2018, 12:31:24 AM »
I see I posted a month ago on this subject. In that time frame I purchased a front tire to match the rear, I got Floydz1 decat pipe in the mail. So I purchased block off plates, power commander V and K&N air filter. I then handed it all to my mechanic to install and Dyno tune. He called 5 minutes ago, I'll pick it up after work tomorrow. I hope it doesn't rain this weekend.  :celebrate:

Recent Topics