Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Very nearly  (Read 2763 times)

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena, Antrim
Re: Very nearly
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2018, 03:08:28 PM »
OH YESSSSSS   !!!!   

That really does feel better........just had a lovely 50 mile ride out to my local Kawasaki dealer in Coleraine in great conditions (about +7c) okay, so the roads are still dirty but who gives a s*it it was just superb to be out on the bike again after what seems like a lifetime

Also got the chance to see the latest Z900 RS in Blaco and candy colours plus the new H2 SX SE  was sitting in the showroom, and wow it' is stunning, for thos ewho are interested the New TFT screen  is fantastic and is totally adjustable to accommodate different external ambient light.  I wont be getting one though  :008:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Online 100milesaway

• Versys God
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Leyburn. N Yorks
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2018, 03:16:58 PM »
*Originally Posted by TYKE [+]
OH YESSSSSS   !!!!   

That really does feel better........just had a lovely 50 mile ride out to my local Kawasaki dealer in Coleraine in great conditions (about +7c) okay, so the roads are still dirty but who gives a s*it it was just superb to be out on the bike again after what seems like a lifetime

Also got the chance to see the latest Z900 RS in Blaco and candy colours plus the new H2 SX SE  was sitting in the showroom, and wow it' is stunning, for thos ewho are interested the New TFT screen  is fantastic and is totally adjustable to accommodate different external ambient light.  I wont be getting one though  :008:   
Glad you enjoyed it Rog, it is lovely to get out again after climbing the wall for a few months.   Lovely here today, if it continues I may give it a go tomorrow.  :152:
If man evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Online Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: KLZ1000, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2018, 04:04:21 PM »
I'm glad to hear some of you snowbirds are getting back out. Is it just me or do these bikes seem to run particularly well after being locked away for a stretch? As with any bike, they seem to like cool weather, not that they aren't heat tolerant as well. But at about 40F, 5C they run like a sewing machine. It's a delight.  :37:

Yesterday in Dallas it crept into the 50s with 15-20kt variable north winds gusting above 40. I ran 2-lane country blacktops, practicing laid-over turns with the wind buffeting the bike off its line, just relaxing through it. The V is a great demonstrator that keeping a loose grip helps deal with gusting wind and a death grip only upsets things.

Coming back from a coffee 30 miles south of town, I ran 70 and above into those headwinds, putting 100mph and greater wind on the bike though not on the speedo. The orange bike handled it with smooth composure. Only the Givi Airflow showed some shaking but it held tight and kept me comfortable. From 5K rpm in top gear, I could twist the throttle in those winds and the bike was happy to leap forward as if it was nothing. I couldn't have been getting great gas mileage, but my goodness, the V1K engine is a beast!  :celebrate:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2018, 04:34:44 PM »
*Originally Posted by 100milesaway [+]
Glad you enjoyed it Rog, it is lovely to get out again after climbing the wall for a few months.   Lovely here today, if it continues I may give it a go tomorrow.  :152:

I can totally recommend it Geoff, I might just be out again myself  :002: 

*Originally Posted by Sonny [+]
I'm glad to hear some of you snowbirds are getting back out. Is it just me or do these bikes seem to run particularly well after being locked away for a stretch? As with any bike, they seem to like cool weather, not that they aren't heat tolerant as well. But at about 40F, 5C they run like a sewing machine. It's a delight.  :37:

Yesterday in Dallas it crept into the 50s with 15-20kt variable north winds gusting above 40. I ran 2-lane country blacktops, practicing laid-over turns with the wind buffeting the bike off its line, just relaxing through it. The V is a great demonstrator that keeping a loose grip helps deal with gusting wind and a death grip only upsets things.

Coming back from a coffee 30 miles south of town, I ran 70 and above into those headwinds, putting 100mph and greater wind on the bike though not on the speedo. The orange bike handled it with smooth composure. Only the Givi Airflow showed some shaking but it held tight and kept me comfortable. From 5K rpm in top gear, I could twist the throttle in those winds and the bike was happy to leap forward as if it was nothing. I couldn't have been getting great gas mileage, but my goodness, the V1K engine is a beast!  :celebrate:

So right Sonny   :028:  it seems to put a spring (pun intended) back in your step  :002:     

Roger (Rog)

Offline mstrs

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2015 1000
  • City / Town: Brisbane
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2018, 08:11:48 PM »
Also taking the bike out for a spin today. It's been too hot for the last 3 or 4 weeks. Mid to high 30s generally and into the 40s in some areas we ride through to get to the good stuff. 32 today is what they are promising. Celsius numbers, of course.
Maybe today will spell the end of the T30 Battleaxes that came with the bike, and I can try the new Michelin Road 5 rear with Power RS front. This combo in Road 4 and power 3 I really liked on the Z1000.

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2018, 08:26:36 PM »
Please let us know what you think about that tyre combination    :028:   

Roger (Rog)

Online powerfulpete

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2015 versys 1000
  • City / Town: mansfield
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2018, 06:34:07 PM »
well I managed my first ride of this year went to mablethorpe sand races.had mot yesterday so because the bike was already dirty me and the wife took the plunge, as usual watched weather report supposed to be around 8 degrees so nothing unusual when going over Lincolnshire wolds it was 3 degrees both ways.the british roads are crap dirty and in need of massive repairs but is all that matters is we both enjoyed our cool ride and day out

Offline markymark11

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Carbon Grey - 2016
  • City / Town: Basingstoke
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2018, 10:29:54 PM »
Was at the Bike show at Excel today drooling over the new 900RS but managed to get out yesterday for the first time this year. It was brilliant except I got cramp in both thigh muscles and had to stand by the side of the road stretching and jumping on the spot much to the amusement of passers by ...lol   :008: :008:

Note to self ...do stretches before going out after long period of "couch patatoing". :002:
you can't teach a pig to sing...it's a waste of time and it annoys the pig !

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2018, 07:44:43 PM »
Well, I did it again....another ride out today, up to Ballymoney as I thought I'd take a look at Millsport Motorcycles (Ducati) but they weren't open today, which was no loss as I was only going to kick a few tyres anyway  :008:  then along to Portrush and back down the Antrim coast road passing Dunluce Castle and through Bushmills,   stopping at Ballycastle which is a regular bikers stop off alongside the marina, but I was the only one there so I had a coffee and continued my journey down the coast road
through Ballyvoy and then Cushendall,  towards Larne but turned right just after Carnlough towards Ballymena and back home.

I covered about 90 miles in lovely weather (average +9 c) which wasn't too cold for my Jeans and Leather jacket...this could become a habit  :008:   

Roger (Rog)

Online Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: KLZ1000, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2018, 08:52:04 PM »
That sounds like it was a good ride.

I've been trying to test ride a '14 NC700X dual clutch just because curiosity is nagging me, but the dealership is a 30 mile run on congested freeways past downtown Dallas and up into the north side. Well the weekend was rain, and forecast of rain, and winds, and the same is forecast throughout the week ahead. It is trying hard to rain now and a south wind blowing like a dog.

These Dallas freeways are sketchy enough for motorcycling in sunshine with dry pavement because of people doing crazy and stupid s*#t and trying to kill you. I'd rather not take my life in my hands in inclement weather just to go pursue a whim.

And, I know that I already have very close to a perfect bike and could hardly wish for more, and I will ride this auto-motorcycle and surely say well that is novel, but naah, I don't need it...  :027:

You folks in small towns surrounded by rolling countryside don't know how good you have it. Riding in Dallas always seems to come with a level of stress and fairly predictable close calls that take the fun out of the ride. It's a challenge, and rewarding to master it, but it's not the sort of challenge you would prefer.
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Recent Topics

waggish