Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: January 2018 on the french Riviera  (Read 1186 times)

Offline melges

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys Tourer
  • City / Town: Saint Raphael

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
Re: January 2018 on the french Riviera
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 09:51:34 AM »
Great thanks for sharing with us ....that makes you want to go for a ride out  :028:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline José

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versy1000, zrx12s
  • City / Town: Lisieux ,Normandy
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 10:00:47 AM »
Very nice your vidéo, thank

Offline PhillH

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2018 GT
  • City / Town: Chester
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 01:15:08 PM »
Whats the screen you have on the V1?

Offline Keener

• Versys Master
  • Bike: 2015 Versys 1000
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 04:10:36 PM »
great VID  thankyou

Offline melges

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys Tourer
  • City / Town: Saint Raphael
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 11:29:53 AM »
*Originally Posted by PhillH [+]
Whats the screen you have on the V1?
   My wind screen is a MRA  Variotouring..... ;-)

Offline PhillH

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2018 GT
  • City / Town: Chester
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 01:37:06 PM »
*Originally Posted by melges [+]
   My wind screen is a MRA  Variotouring..... ;-)

Many thanks  :031:

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 02:14:28 PM »
It's interesting how riders from various regions like to sound track their motovlogs. Europeans show a marked preference for disco beats. The UK runs to classic '70s English rock. In the US, southern rock seems to rule. But here, YouTube is so strict about copyright that most vloggers do not add music for fear of having the audio blocked.

If I ever got a Go-pro and had to decide what is the music in my head as I roll down the road, I would be torn between Al Green and, oh, Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries...  :027:

In truth, as a working musician, one of the things I like is that riding is one of the times I don't hear music in my head. I hear the wind, and the engine note, and annoying tire noise from that big truck in the other lane, over the pleasant silence of focused attention.

I don't mind music in motovlogs but I also enjoy natural environmental and motorcycle sounds. It's all good...  Vloggers who ride and talk are also interesting. A rider is too occupied to be guarded in his/her speech and it kind of lets me see the rider's personality and level of thinking (or not thinking very well...)  :015:
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Northern Ireland .
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 03:11:06 PM »
Interesting observation Sonny....I love my music and have VERY eclectic taste in that connection....I had a Garmin 660 on my bike a couple of years ago, I uploaded music onto a SIM card and played it through my Sena headset........IT DROVE ME MAD (even more) and wasn't used again

For me  I would use a backing track like this, which is one of my all time favourite pieces

However if I'm in a different mood then I could just as easily play one of these tracks

or maybe  ( I especially like this track for a whole lot of reasons)

or

Don't say I didn't warn you about mt eclectic  taste in music    :5:   
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline Sonny

• Versys God
  • Bike: '15 V1K LT, VN900C
  • City / Town: DFW, TX
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 04:08:42 PM »
A good example of youtube policy: the last 2 vids are blocked in the US.

But I'm like you, I get something from all kinds of music and love classical, rock, pop, soul / R&B, old acoustic Delta blues, reggae, cultural music from around the world. I'm not the right listener for most jazz... too much screwing around, too amorphous about what the music is saying or what I am supposed to be getting from it. Others disagree and more power to 'em.

I love a lot of classic country music, but modern country music is to my ears just formulaic toothpaste squeezed out of the consumer commodity tube... good players and singers but worthless content. I actively dislike most of it and the music culture that produces it.

And of course ZZ Top, my Texas homeboys, make definitive big motor music -- it is really hot rod classic car music -- but it works for motorcycles as well, and is more or less worshiped by Harley culture, heh-heh... 
G2Ergo throttle tube, Givi Airflow screen, Dan Moto carbon fiber exhaust, Grip Puppies, Moto Werk bar risers, Kaw rad guard

Recent Topics