Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2015 model headlight bulb replacement  (Read 2967 times)

Offline Paul_Smith

• Ex Member
  • Versys God
  • Account Terminated
  • Bike: V1K 2016 Black
Re: 2015 model headlight bulb replacement
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2018, 02:51:51 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ace50 [+]
I suggest you tell that to all the bike manufacturers. It doesn't seem to be a problem.
Maybe they'll listen to you.....................................though I don't know why.
What are you on about this time? The manufacturers know perfectly well what their harnesses can do, after all, they did design them. And as somebody who claims to make their own stuff, you will be well aware that the design process is all about balancing compromises and that the manufacturers priorities don't always coincide with the end users. After all, isn't that why you have to make stuff?

Offline Ace50

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Super Tenere
  • City / Town: VA
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2018, 03:18:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by Paul_Smith [+]
What are you on about this time? The manufacturers know perfectly well what their harnesses can do, after all, they did design them. And as somebody who claims to make their own stuff, you will be well aware that the design process is all about balancing compromises and that the manufacturers priorities don't always coincide with the end users. After all, isn't that why you have to make stuff?
wow...............

Offline mikep

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: Satsuma 2015
  • City / Town: Lafayette, LA
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2018, 05:08:25 PM »
Does every fucking technical discussion on this forum have to devolve into a pissing contest?

Not that you'll miss me, but I'm just about done.

Offline Crosshairs

• Versys Master
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2018, 05:31:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by Ace50 [+]
Where are those at? Replace headlight with what, oh the same wattage but LED.
Blinkers and taillight already LED and like they are on all the time. Where are you saving?

Im saving about 60 watts which is huge when your running heated gear . its the difference between the stator being able to keep up with demand and it not being able to keep up with demand. Before I went LED my bike would discharge at anything below 2500 RPMS..I no longer have that problem. 

Recent Topics