Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2015 model headlight bulb replacement  (Read 406 times)

Offline Paul_Smith

• Versys Master
  • Bike: V1K 2016 Black
Re: 2015 model headlight bulb replacement
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2018, 09:18:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by mstrs [+]
Great information. Thank you.
Hmmmm. Sounds easier to just remove the fairing/s.  :33: :019:
ps. I had to do a bulb on my 2009 Zed. Had to undo all sorts of stuff (not remove - just loosen to move aside) and then it was still very similar to your description. Took me ages.
At the side of a road on a dark wet night? I don't think so. Last time I tried it took only five minutes, one thumbnail and no tools. Last time I took the fairings off took 20 minutes and a well lit workshop with plenty of tools.

Offline Crosshairs

• Versys Pro
  • Bike: 2016 Versys 1000
  • City / Town: East Coast
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2018, 09:44:32 PM »
Paul is right..its not that hard ...just stick your hand in there and do it.

Offline mstrs

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2015 1000
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2018, 08:15:43 AM »
Well...after removing the high beam bulb (using the 'reach up and fiddle to remove' technique) to confirm they are H7s etc, I duly purchased a pair of 130% Narva bulbs.
The "reach up and fiddle to refit" technique worked on the high beam...but the low beam... :33: :157: :173:
After some time, and all available fingers now bruised and painful, that damned clip just wouldn't. Did it fine with the bulb out (can see the hook etc) but no go otherwise. So resorted to the "total fairing removal so everything is easy to see/work" technique.
Fiddly - but successful.

Recent Topics