Author [ES] [CA] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Smart Turn System  (Read 740 times)

Offline Ray01

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2017 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Sidney
Smart Turn System
« on: January 08, 2018, 02:42:38 AM »
Does anyone have any experiance with the Smart Turn System? They are at Safer-Turn.Com. Thanks.

Offline Ace50

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Super Tenere
  • City / Town: VA
Re: Smart Turn System
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 12:45:46 PM »
No, but I would think on a bike without a windshield or nothing up in the drivers view area,
that would be nice to have.

I just always add LED's tied into the signals and put them up high (pointing at my face) so I can see them on.
With a switch to turn them off (at night).

Offline mach7

• Versys Newbie
  • Bike: Versys 650
  • City / Town: London
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 12:13:08 PM »
Hi

After you wrote about STS i have been researching and i have bought it. I installed it last week and so far i am really impresive. Dont know why its not standard on all motorcycles.

Offline Crosshairs

• Versys Master
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 02:46:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by mach7 [+]
Dont know why its not standard on all motorcycles.

I agree..Harley has it as standard equipment on all of their bikes for about  the last 20 years...and they are not exactly known for their innovation.....why the japs dont follow suit is beyond me.

Offline Ray01

• Versys Member
  • Bike: 2017 1000 LT
  • City / Town: Sidney
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 04:33:27 PM »
Mach 7, thanks for your reply on the STS. I have one but haven't installed it yet. Glad to hear it is working well. Was it difficult to install?

Offline TYKE

• Versys Mega God
  • Bike: GREEN, 2017 GT
  • City / Town: Ballymena, Co Antrim
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 05:52:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by mach7 [+]
Hi

After you wrote about STS i have been researching and i have bought it. I installed it last week and so far i am really impresive. Dont know why its not standard on all motorcycles.

Welcome along Mach7..Good to have you on board, why not drop into the intro section and tell us a bit more about yourself  :028: :002: 
Be wary of an old man in a world where men die young

Roger (Rog)

Offline bodv1000

• Versys Member
  • Bike: Versys 1000
  • City / Town: Worthing
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 06:54:02 PM »
I have one installed on my 650, easy enough to fit and the guys at STS are more than happy to advise if you need help.  I have mixed feelings, it works very well but does seem sensitive to water in the indicator switch (my bike lives outside).  Mine kept repeatedly switching on the right indicator without input from me. I put some grease in my switch which has helped but it’s still not 100% (admittedly I did not fully dry out the switch before adding the grease).  Sometimes I have to flick the indicator switch from left to right to the get the right hand indicator to work.  It’s annoying because the unit itself works very well but a damp switch seams to cause it issues.

Recent Topics